Anyone tried reading Majikoi with MTL?

Stormwolf

@Stormwolf

I did with A5 (Only Takae's route though). Horrible experience. You can only understand about 75% of all dialogues by my estimation, and out of those you have to guess what the dialogue text means more than half the time.

My time with MTR (more specially, Translation Aggregator + ITHVNR combo) is negative. A full Visual Novel experience is more than just understanding, or trying to / guessing, what the dialogue is trying to say. Spending most of your time trying to guess the text is frankly very tiring and while you may get a idea of what's happening, you can't get what the VN is trying to convey. Ultimately it's a very disjointed experience and  I would rather not read it at all as opposed MTL-ing it. The only positive thing I can think of is that it serves it's purpose very well when trying to experience a fap-ge

Actually I feel so strongly about it now that I would encourage anyone who has an notion to MTL VNs to give it a try. I believe most will come to the same conclusion as I did.

I would say that the need of the translation tool is very distracting seeing that I prefer full screen for reading VN, and I think it's not worth it. For more elaboration, I did read Your Diary+ and let's just say that I decided to give up after I have a very hard time to understand why Kanade's dad need to leave the house for several days (The translation was like he need to audit the cafe in his hometown or something like that). Which is a shame seeing that I'm interested with both of the art and the VAs. Also while you can still use the voice to understand the story, sometimes it's not enough because you still need to understand the narration which obviously unvoiced and the MTL wouldn't be able to translate it clearly. So yeah that's the risk for trying to read VN using MTL, which might be traumatized some people considering that it would be very bothersome.

Edited by littleshogun