Let me guess, your forum?

ztrepzilius

Hello there, I am Ztrepzilius. Some redditors suggest me to use this forum because reddit filters are more sensitive and comments could be buried in older thread. I spend more time lurking than posting stuffs for any medium, looking for gems in the over-saturated world. I don't consume many VNs in comparison to other medium. It's because there are lack of VNs with storyline that interest me rather than the VN itself. Visual novel reminded me of some point-click-adventure games, movie games and gamebook(choose your own adventure books) I played decades ago. I get introduce into VN medium by anime adaption and some lewd image. 

BTW, who the hell are you guys?

Edited by ztrepzilius

We are remnants of what was once a mighty torrent empire, cultivating ancient traditions that have lost all their meaning long ago and awaiting our inevitable demise in the last few populated corners of the land.

Welcome to our forums, hope you'll have fun around here! ^^

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

A pretty random mix of VN addicts from all parts of the medium.  For Japanese untranslated (non-nukige), I'm the one you want to ask.  For EOVNs, probably Plk_Leslak right now.  Feel free to post requests for suggestions in the recommendations section... someone will inevitably bombard you with their favorites.

Edit: I'm a burnout who has probably played more untranslated Japanese VNs than anyone else on the site.  I won't say that absolutely though, since there are a lot of lurkers and inactives who might have snuck in and played more, lol. 

I'm the real god of VNs around here. I've fully completed at least nine. Ask me for a recommendation on romance, action, charage, moege, eroge, kamige, otomege, furryge, etc. (Spoiler: the answer will invariably be John Cena's Sexy High School Adventure!!! 2.)

Reddit drives me mad as it's not individualistic enough. Flairs are repeatable, and posts have to get lost in megathreads. New topics get buried in news and useless steam sales in just one day. It all reminds a busy anthill.

Fuwa is for punks of visual novels. We hardly ever agree on anything, and just as punks, we're not dead despite our golden days long gone.

11 hours ago, kivandopulus said:

Reddit drives me mad as it's not individualistic enough. Flairs are repeatable, and posts have to get lost in megathreads. New topics get buried in news and useless steam sales in just one day. It all reminds a busy anthill.

Yea unlike reddit, adding post will raise the thread to the front page in section and no downvotes.

For chat, I find discord better for short and fast discussion without creating a thread like "Turn off Anti-Aliasing in options>graphics".

I like necroposting here. It's not rare that some irrelevant post from 2012 or so gets a new life.

There actually used to be chat here, and it only had to go after some recent Fuwapocalypse initiated by mandatory php upgrade. If Tay is poked long enough, reestablishing it might be possible.

Well, I am a pretty new (but not young) member myself, I just joined here like a month ago (I think?).

I have been into VNs for like 3 years now and since I prefer the long and epic ones my 'COMPLETED' list is not very large although I do read a lot. Anyway, I will still try to help out where I can :)

Wecome here and enjoy the easygoing and openminded atmosphere!

Reddit is mainly useful for news.  It's hard to even have a discussion on Reddit these days because interesting (read: controversial) comments tend to get downvoted and hidden.  Excessive moderation and even blacklisting are also problems.  The life of any given topic tends to be less than 1-2 days, leaving only a small window for participation.

Fuwanovel is more focused on discussion and community.  It hosts a diversity of opinions and there's less pressure to conform to an established consensus.  The blog section offers an opportunity to follow individuals and stake out your own space for expression.  The more interesting topics tend to generate ongoing discussions that continue for several days or weeks.

As for myself, I follow industry trends and play eroge, especially untranslated gameplay titles.  I'm probably best known for my coverage of censorship issues. 

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and sorry for the belated greeting. As for who I am, I guess I can say that I'm just a newbie in regard of the VNs here so I joined this forum in order to learn more about VN (Especially the VN translation history). I just hope that you'll have fun here, and feel free to ask for VN Recommendations if you need it later.

On 3/13/2019 at 5:27 AM, ztrepzilius said:

Hello there, I am Ztrepzilius. Some redditors suggest me to use this forum because reddit filters are more sensitive and comments could be buried in older thread. I spend more time lurking than posting stuffs for any medium, looking for gems in the over-saturated world. I don't consume many VNs in comparison to other medium. It's because there are lack of VNs with storyline that interest me rather than the VN itself. Visual novel reminded me of some point-click-adventure games, movie games and gamebook(choose your own adventure books) I played decades ago. I get introduce into VN medium by anime adaption and some lewd image. 

BTW, who the hell are you guys?

Welcome :D

• 2 weeks later...

I am fine whether it is 18+ or all-age VNs recommendation. I get the director's cut edition of eroge and finish all the story no matter how irrelevant since I am a completionist. For nsfw scene, I prefer nukige because I find standard eroge to be too tame. There are nukige with good art but not many are written in the way I prefer in a way (hard-to-describe with combination of non-school settings, clear consent, machine, etc).

I hope there will be more genre diversity of VNs in English especially sci-fi, non-school settings and gameplay. The financial situation of VN industry in Japan doesn't seem good but I will still support those VN companies which interest me.

Edited by ztrepzilius