How the hell do you guys deal with choosing with the millions of VNs out there?

I'm very shallow at picking if i have too much to pick from. I go to vndb and see the art and read the tags and the plot introduction. If everything checks out and it seems to be something i'd like then i go for it. But now i'm just like many others, and just waiting for releases as there aren't really that much good left to choose from. 

57 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

I'm very shallow at picking if i have too much to pick from. I go to vndb and see the art and read the tags and the plot introduction. If everything checks out and it seems to be something i'd like then i go for it. But now i'm just like many others, and just waiting for releases as there aren't really that much good left to choose from. 

I do the same. I look at the art, tags etc and add them to my list. Only problem is that I have hundreds on my list. I do have them categorized by interest (High, Medium, Low) but even in the high interest folder I have so many.

6 minutes ago, namiultedjapanXD said:

I do the same. I look at the art, tags etc and add them to my list. Only problem is that I have hundreds on my list. I do have them categorized by interest (High, Medium, Low) but even in the high interest folder I have so many.

Then there is just one thing to do and that's just start one up and go with it. Try not to let the fact that you have many to choose from get to you, as it's way too easy to discard a vn as the itch to play another crops up. Which one at the moment do you consider the most?

I seek out games that I know suit my tastes, along with observing ratings. I've noticed that I typically rate games one score under the most commonly given score on VNDB (so if the most commonly given score for a game is an 8, I would most likely rate it a 7). Because I don't really want to waste my time on games that are just okay, I normally only play games that are most commonly rated an 8 or above on VNDB, and that have elements that I enjoy (dark themes and psychological elements, strong characters, no gameplay). I try to make my way through the "classics" that are rated the highest on VNDB, while also seeking out well-rated short games as palate cleansers (and for when I have less time available).

Edited by Eurobeatz