Romance Visual Novel Recommendations?

ImYandereTrash

I've been looking for some romance visual novels to play through, I don't mind 18+ content.

I just finished Newton to Ringo no Ki and thought the romance in there was good. 

I need English translation though because I'm not learning Japanese yet(too busy with regular school).

I would appreciate any replies, Thank You.

3 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Thanks, I will check these out and add some to my to play list.

Fureraba . Very light hearted, with quite a lot of +18 content.

Kono Oozora . Overall light hearted. Has some light drama.

Princess Evangile . Good comedy, and a surprising amount of drama.

Clannad . This VN taught me (A grown man) ....... how to cry again. It's themes of family and friendship are executed pretty well.

Symphonic Rain . Quite unique in it's setting, and how it mostly ditches the moe characters.

Grisaia no Kajitsu . Don't let the very light hearted and over the stop comedic common route fool you. The character routes get ...... more then a bit tense, and explore some uncomfortable psychological themes.

ef - a fairy tale of the two . Various kinds of relationship drama. The first game revolves around a love triangle, and the 2nd game manages to be even more tense then that...

Damenakoi is definitely a romance novel. It seems we are still waiting for a translation from MG though. It was the only untranslated VN that I ever started and via Google Translate I was able to follow along ok even though my Japanese was extremely bad back then. I stopped after 2 routes though because I decided I wanted to learn the language better before I continued with it. It definitely contained lots of romance though, so if it is ever finished by MangaGamer I can only recommend it.

13 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

Fureraba . Very light hearted, with quite a lot of +18 content.

Kono Oozora . Overall light hearted. Has some light drama.

Princess Evangile . Good comedy, and a surprising amount of drama.

Clannad . This VN taught me (A grown man) ....... how to cry again. It's themes of family and friendship are executed pretty well.

Symphonic Rain . Quite unique in it's setting, and how it mostly ditches the moe characters.

Grisaia no Kajitsu . Don't let the very light hearted and over the stop comedic common route fool you. The character routes get ...... more then a bit tense, and explore some uncomfortable psychological themes.

ef - a fairy tale of the two . Various kinds of relationship drama. The first game revolves around a love triangle, and the 2nd game manages to be even more tense then that...

9 hours ago, AustriaVNFan said:

Damenakoi is definitely a romance novel. It seems we are still waiting for a translation from MG though. It was the only untranslated VN that I ever started and via Google Translate I was able to follow along ok even though my Japanese was extremely bad back then. I stopped after 2 routes though because I decided I wanted to learn the language better before I continued with it. It definitely contained lots of romance though, so if it is ever finished by MangaGamer I can only recommend it.

Thank you  for the suggestions i will check them out.

Speaking about Damenakoi, I want to recommend WA2 but unfortunately it's still not fully translated. So instead I'll recommend you Hoshiori (It shouldn't be too long until we got Natsuki's patch (The full patch) for that), Tsujidou, Da Capo trilogy, Hitotsuba, and Dracu Riot. I hope my recommendations here would be helpful to you.

PS - Just want to comment that we got too many users with Momoyo's smiling avatar here, which could be confusing here.

Edited by littleshogun

Off topic a little but it's pretty concerning to scroll through a recommendations thread thinking that even though it isn't my thread that I might find something new to read and after looking at all the recommendations realizing that i've read all of them......oof for me :notlikemiya:

On the main topic,

I recommend Edelweiss and its fandisc (Someone told me it had a terrible translation but MG has since retranslated it and it reads fine now and was pretty good.)

Chronoclock

DearDrops (and maybe its fandisc if you have read Kira*Kira as well)

Hapymaher (This one is a little dark in some routes but it's a romance most of the way)

Magical Marriage Lunatics

and Suki Suki

And a +1 from me on Yume Miru Kusuri (It's my only 10/10 on vndb)