Root double

Stormwolf

Yes, BC is explained right in Natsuhiko's route. Which is a bit of a chore, with the slice of life that clashes with the first route.

Also Natsuhiko's state as an esper is explained, even thoroughly, I think.

They go to great lengths to explore everything BC-related.

Edited by Okarin

Just finished this and what a damn ride that was! Beautiful ending as well. Well, apart from indecisive harem. Don't know why writers write themselves into a corner like that tbh as i understand that none can be selected, at least from the important two. And it's funny how non romance stories have the best damn romance when it happens, what's up with that? Watase was a true man when he was talking to Kazami, way more touching than regular romance stuff.

Either way, the story was good. There can be no doubt about that. It did have it's giant problem though, and that was it's way of telling the story. First route was amazing through and through. Second, not so much with it's infinite number of flashbacks and mc's grating voice as a kid. Third was ok. Fourth was almost as bad as the second with it's relentless flashbacking. Yes, every flashback was relevant and gave us a lot of "aha" moments, but that nagging feeling about the story as a whole being completely halted never vanished. It was a slog, even though it was at times very interesting, it was tedious nonetheless. But when the story finally broke out of it's cryostasis it immediately became amazing again, and with a touching ending as well.

Well, i can't do anything but recommend this for anyone who likes suspense thrillers with loads of mysteries, plot twists and careful revelations. Well, be prepared for flashback hell, but that's about the only thing i can truly fault it with.

I didn't read the extend episodes though as they just seem to be more flashbacking for more fleshing out of characters, which i personally feel is pointless.

On 16.3.2019 at 5:34 PM, Stormwolf said:

And it's funny how non romance stories have the best damn romance when it happens, what's up with that? Watase was a true man when he was talking to Kazami, way more touching than regular romance stuff.

I am glad you liked it :)

And I have to agree on what you wrote there. So often you have the best romance where you least expect it. Reminds me somehow of Muv-Luv Alternative which was very story-focused, yet it had those unexpectedly very romantic moments despite of the crisis the characters were in.

34 minutes ago, AustriaVNFan said:

I am glad you liked it :)

And I have to agree on what you wrote there. So often you have the best romance where you least expect it. Reminds me somehow of Muv-Luv Alternative which was very story-focused, yet it had those unexpectedly very romantic moments despite of the crisis the characters were in.

Well, muv luv a has both ntr and is utsuge, or at least something similar, so ihavent bothered with it :/

2 hours ago, AustriaVNFan said:

what? :o I cannot agree with either of this. What would make it ntr or utsuge?

Spoiler

Well, you have the tentacle scene with the main girl. She's clearly enjoying it too, hence ntr. non ntr rape scenes include tears and hate. Fap material rape scenes include enjoyment and perhaps ahegao. 

Not exactly utsuge, but memory wipe thing where no one remembers anything. One of the worst ending types you can have, as to me everything becomes pointless.

All this unless i'm gravely mistaking something of course.

I feel it's a great romance because romance really flourishes in dangerous and life-or-death situations. There was plenty of that from people who knew themselves well beforehand, so there you have it.

That's also why Indiana Jones also got the girl he lived adventures with, every time.

2 hours ago, Stormwolf said:
  Hide contents

Well, you have the tentacle scene with the main girl. She's clearly enjoying it too, hence ntr. non ntr rape scenes include tears and hate. Fap material rape scenes include enjoyment and perhaps ahegao. 

Not exactly utsuge, but memory wipe thing where no one remembers anything. One of the worst ending types you can have, as to me everything becomes pointless.

All this unless i'm gravely mistaking something of course.

Spoiler

hmm, technically you might be right about the tentacle thing ;) but it was such a minimal part of the story that I had nearly forgotten about it tbh.

28 minutes ago, AustriaVNFan said:
  Hide contents

hmm, technically you might be right about the tentacle thing ;) but it was such a minimal part of the story that I had nearly forgotten about it tbh.

Spoiler

There is a saying that says "One bad apple can ruin the whole bunch" I mean, i love romance in stories, but i don't really need them. But if they do include it then it has to be something proper. A ntr scenario with the main slut girl will ruin the whole experience for me, especially when i'm supposed to give a shit about her afterwards.

Edited by Stormwolf

Just now, alpacaman said:
  Hide contents

She enjoyed the rape only because of the physical stimulation, not because she's secretly into tentacles. She is still heavily traumatized by it, if that makes you feel any better.

Spoiler

Well, who wouldn't regret and be truly ashamed for enjoying that nasty tentacle like she did?

Spoiler

It's not like anyone can just shut off their senses or physical responses to stimuli. If that's reason enough for you not to read MLA, I can't force you to. I can just tell you that all the things you mentioned keeping you from reading it are handled and explained properly in the story.

5 hours ago, alpacaman said:
  Hide contents

It's not like anyone can just shut off their senses or physical responses to stimuli. If that's reason enough for you not to read MLA, I can't force you to. I can just tell you that all the things you mentioned keeping you from reading it are handled and explained properly in the story.

No one, we can both agree on that, but i firmly believe this was made as pure fapservice for people who are into rape/ntr. Rape is ok if handled realistically, which rarely happens. I think scenes like this utterly destroy heroines and sour everything else. 

10 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

No one, we can both agree on that, but i firmly believe this was made as pure fapservice for people who are into rape/ntr. Rape is ok if handled realistically, which rarely happens. I think scenes like this utterly destroy heroines and sour everything else. 

hmm, if someone used this as fap material it would be... well... not very fitting at all. Actually I found it a pretty touching and sad scene. It did not seem like fan service at all. And I am pretty much against fan service because it often disturbs the flow of the story. But this didn't... it isn't even a real h scene (at least not in the Steam version)