Tenkiame here and gone before I noticed

bronx819

I haven't been around the VN community for a while because work and life have kept me busy. I had no idea that Tenkiame was ever released, I only noticed when I was about to put it on the licensing survey and saw that it was already released. What happened? And why is it off of steam? Apparently it's on dlsite but when I bought it I had to install the client, and after going through a bunch of hoops and installing it it crashes when I try to install it.

Also I don't mind shitty translations THAT much, if it's at least legible I can enjoy it well enough, anyone know where I can get it?

I don't have much else to say. It's sad, but can't be helped.

Regarding it not being on Steam any more - they supposedly dropped it due to not receiving response from Steam on time and went the safe route, especially considering what's happening right now. At this point it's as if - despite the initial willingness to support the genre - people behind Steam are willingly driving interested parties away from publishing eroge on their platform; not only eroge, but regular all-ages vns as well. What a wonderful time to be alive.

1 hour ago, AustriaVNFan said:

So does this basically mean it is no longer available on Steam and also there will be no fan TL?

Unfortunately, yes. I also doubt they will return to Steam, as the current situation on their storefront is counterproductive to most non-english vn developers.

Edited by Narcosis

On 3/5/2019 at 10:52 AM, Zander said:

It's a genuine machine translation, and illegible. The majority of it reads like utter nonsense, and you're not missing out on anything.

I'm not sure why it's unavailable, though. It may have something to do with Valve's policies considering it has a clearly underage character, but I'm not sure.

If this is the case then good riddance.

5 hours ago, Okarin said:

Not good riddance... I wanted to read it and bask on the kitsunes.

Seems like the whole project was a mess, in that case it deserved to fail (but the game itself seems good enough). They screwed both themselves and the fan TLers.

Pretty sure the fan-tl project was dropped well before the official release because they underestimated the difficulty of the VN.