Feeling Uneasy near human

zxdvas

I am not the only person when I say that I feel uncomfortable near other human. But there are different reasons for that so I will elaborate.

In the modern society which each person compete for a better job, a better spouse and in general a better life. One soon find the rest of humanity an obstacle to his happiness. Temporary bond is formed to pursue the same interest as in a company, but once the first opportunity comes there will be more than a dozen of people willingly to stab you in the back as long as they can get away with it. So you have to know who to trust and who not to. To avoid suspicion you have to pretend. Whoever act differently would soon find many enemies and no allies.

I find this game of hypocrisy and proud, interest and glory unappealing. I abstain from it as much as possible. This brings me more disdain than I think is justly due. They can live their lives as they want it but just leave me alone. But they just have to insist their life is intrinsically more noble. Even if that is true it would be more prudent to spend time on what they care and not convincing others to follow. So I live day after day as if I am a criminal waiting to be prosecuted. Only the books, VN and a few other hobbies keep my sanity intact. I wonder how long this can last.

I see what you're trying to get at, but I don't think it's healthy or productive to blame your problems on society. Now don't get me wrong, I am well aware that humanity sucks and there will be times where your success is severely hindered by the people around you, but that doesn't mean you're completely devoid of options. Keep a level head, plan things out, and take action. Invest whatever resources you have (time, money, information, observations, etc) at your disposal towards self improvement, and stay focused.

And yeah, I think you should definitely consider Stormwolf's advice. As someone who's been getting anxiety treatment for 2-3 years, I can vouch for its effectiveness.

Edited by Kenshin_sama

7 hours ago, zxdvas said:

I am not the only person when I say that I feel uncomfortable near other human. But there are different reasons for that so I will elaborate.

I think Kenshin-Sama got it right, but I'd add one little, small thing. You can decry how society treats you, but remember that none of us is self-sufficient. Humanity can't be "an obstacle to one's happiness", because there's no happiness without it (unless you feel like becoming a hermit - I guess there are both monasteries and forests for that). Those favourite books you read? Made by people in society. And made only because there are others that enjoy them, just like you, maybe even facing similar problems. The country you live in might suck in all the regards you mentioned in the past, but as long as they don't outright behead you for being different, there are ways to cope with it and find a somewhat comfortable path through life. Don't obsess over how people treat you, think about what YOU can do to find your own happiness, and where it truly lies.

I agree with what Plk_Lesiak said.

Popular and corporate culture says a lot about what should be glamorous, what success/happiness should look like. None of is grounded in objective reality, and shouldn't be taken to heart. If people insist, it might be good to just keep a diplomatic face, acknowledge what they are trying to do, and assert that you have right to believe in whatever the heck you want, without being berated.

Edited by Chronopolis

Now that someone mentioned chuuni here, perhaps we can treat the OP as someone who is quite delusional. That said if the OP problem is true, then I just hope that he still treat his parents as human unless they already dead or alive but being abusive. Or to put it more bluntly I didn't really understand of why the OP here did write his depression in here like that, so if the OP here is truly being depressed then I would seconded Stormwolf suggestion to see the therapist there (I just knew that shrink is a slang for therapist) because we didn't really knew what the OP want or need by posting it at Visual Novel forum here. But if the OP just write his delusion here, well thanks for the attempt to entertain us I guess.

Edited by littleshogun