Looking for some tear jerkers to read

obakekoto

26 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:
  Hide contents

I wanted to read root double, but i have this feeling it has a shitty true ending. I dunno why, but voiced protagonists is always a bad sign in my experience. (Air, Chaos Child, Eden) Well, i guess those are the only ones i've read with voiced protagonists. I don't mind shit happening in normal routes, but in the true end i like it when things are wrapped up nicely and things work out. 

Unlike Chaos;Child, Root Double actually has a well thought out story. The weaker parts are more in the rather slow B route at the start. That's also why I still think it's better to start with route B instead of A. However, the voice actor of Natsuhiko is weaker than the one from Chaos;Child, and I think it was only possible to switch off all voices or none, which is just ridiculous.

Edited by ChaosRaven

3 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Unlike Chaos;Child, Root Double actually has a well thought out story. The weaker parts are more in the rather slow B route at the start. That's also why I still think it's better to start with route B instead of A. However, the voice actor of Natsuhiko is weaker than the one from Chaos;Child, and I think it was only possible to switch off all voices or none, which is just ridiculous.

Spoiler

I guess this is a bit off topic now. But does it have a shitty true ending or a good one? If it's the latter then i'm gonna read it. Chaos child left me truly fatigued after all those hours reading and having a depressing ending like that.

41 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:
  Hide contents

I guess this is a bit off topic now. But does it have a shitty true ending or a good one? If it's the latter then i'm gonna read it. Chaos child left me truly fatigued after all those hours reading and having a depressing ending like that.

While I don't remember all details anymore, it did have a good ending. There were crap-loads of bad endings along the road though lol, but the VN wasn't particular depressing. The choice system was... one of a kind though. :blink:

31 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

While I don't remember all details anymore, it did have a good ending. There were crap-loads of bad endings along the road though lol, but the VN wasn't particular depressing. The choice system was... one of a kind though. :blink:

Great! Will read it. Thanks!

On 5.3.2019 at 9:33 PM, Stormwolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wanted to read root double, but i have this feeling it has a shitty true ending. I dunno why, but voiced protagonists is always a bad sign in my experience. (Air, Chaos Child, Eden) Well, i guess those are the only ones i've read with voiced protagonists. I don't mind shit happening in normal routes, but in the true end i like it when things are wrapped up nicely and things work out. 

I did not find the true end of Root Double disappointing. I found it well worth reading and very refreshing because of the unusual setting.

And although there are some pretty serious and depressing moments, it was nowhere near as emotional as Clannad. But still: a very good read!

Dark Souls maybe, because the difficulty of that will make you cry.

For serious recommendation I would recommend White Album 2 even though the translation for Coda is still not finished, because the Introduction Chapter itself should be enough to make you cry (Even the anime that was only adapted that chapter is well known for being sad anime). If Love Triangle is not your favorite story, then I'll recommend Steins Gate, Island, Da Capo 2, Rose Gun Days, and Seabed. I hope that my recommendations here would be helpful to you.

Edited by littleshogun

On 3/9/2019 at 3:18 AM, littleshogun said:

Dark Souls maybe, because the difficulty of that will make you cry.

For serious recommendation I would recommend White Album 2 even though the translation for Coda is still not finished, because the Introduction Chapter itself should be enough to make you cry (Even the anime that was only adapted that chapter is well known for being sad anime). If Love Triangle is not your favorite story, then I'll recommend Steins Gate, Island, Da Capo 2, Rose Gun Days, and Seabed. I hope that my recommendations here would be helpful to you.

Can't wait for white album 2 to be finished. It seems to have a more realistic spin on love triangle and not the usual girls being jealous and punish the protagonist instead of getting the better of her competition.