Audio Director for hire!

FulminisIctus

vojldvnc.png

My name is Tim Reichert, I'm also known as FulminisIctus, and I would like to offer you my services as an audio director!

I’ve been active as a musician in the indie visual novel scene for over half a decade now, mainly focusing on music composition but also doing a lot of sound design, voice over editing and taking on individual tasks that fall under audio direction.
I also make music tutorials, have spoken at the visual novel conference and regularly help out by tutoring or answering questions of fellow musicians or devs thanks to my experience in the scene, which further adds to my potential as an audio director.

Why should you hire an audio director?
An audio director
- makes sure that the quality of assets stays on a consistently high level and that their direction stays on track to make sure that elements such as genre or instrumentation are consistent
- handles the mentoring and instruction of audio personnel
- searches for and hires audio personnel
- works together with the other departments, this way for example assuring that the art and audio fits together or working out ways to enhance the audio expression through programming
- creates resource lists and works together with the lead director to set the audio direction
- acts as a liaison for the communication between lead director and audio personnel
This of course doesn’t mean that I need to take on all of these tasks. The lead director can for example of course still take on hiring themselves and within a small team it might not be necessary for the audio director to act as a liaison between the lead director and audio team.

In a video game firm you have an audio director (sometimes this position is split into a music director and a sound director) so that the tasks are better distributed and the one working with the audio personnel is someone with the necessary knowledge to be able to instruct them.
It’s not much different in an indie team. I know many game devs who have voiced their concerns about not being able to give good instructions to their composers because they lack the music theory and audio production terminology and knowledge and these problems can definitely result in a more difficult working experience for both parties. Same for finding and hiring the right composers, being able to differentiate between qualitatively great and passable audio assets and giving instructions on how to improve said assets. With this it doesn’t even matter too much if I, as the audio director, were to only direct a pair of musicians or as much as a ten man audio team since I would either way be able to make communication much smoother and take some of the most difficult and potentially frustrating audio related tasks off your hands so you can concentrate on improving and working on the game in all the other areas.

Payment:
My current goal is furthering my portfolio in audio direction, which is why I’m happy to take on free and revenue share positions.

I'm best available per E-Mail (contact[at]tim-reichert.com), but you can also write me a PM if you'd prefer that.

Feel free to check out my website if you’d like to learn more about me:
https://tim-reichert.com

Please let me know if you have any questions!

x5v2gno4.png