If My Heart Had Wings - Flight Diary Fandisc Steam Release

WorldofAI

The fandisc for If My Heart Had Wings has made its way to Steam today. I'm not sure what to expect from this given that it's from our "friend" Moenovel. I've previously come across lots of Moenovel defenders who are quite optimistic about this release, but I guess I have to see it for myself.

Because I LP the original If My Heart Had Wings as I play along and I'm only about 10% through, I can't touch it yet.

As backup, I have the original JP version installed somewhere on my computer.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/923810/If_My_Heart_Had_Wings_Flight_Diary/

Whoa, at first it looked like two-headed Kotori :o

I'm not sure if I'll buy this version. Maybe on some sale... I'm aiming to read Cruise Sign - also all-ages, but properly done, and with Akari's route as a bonus.

Seriously, Pulltop should localize (and port to PC) Cruise Sign and thus create "IMHHW Ultimate Edition" instead of half-assed shit they're apparently doing with this.

Edited by adamstan

1 hour ago, Incynerate said:

Considering Valve had MoeNovel cut even more content that what was removed already

Any idea what this additional cut content is? I've read about it, but I've never seen any details about what was actually cut. I can accept the absence of h scenes, but I hate when they remove or alter content that isn't even 18+ in the first place.

28 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

Any idea what this additional cut content is? I've read about it, but I've never seen any details about what was actually cut. I can accept the absence of h scenes, but I hate when they remove or alter content that isn't even 18+ in the first place.

There's no real way to tell without actually playing both versions side by side, but since the build they gave Steam was all-ages already, it most likely was non 18+ content that was cut the second time, as there was no H to cut to begin with in their build. So, chances are you won't be happy with this release.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. I wish MoeNovel would put as much effort into pleasing their fans as they do trying to please Steam, so we could get the complete experience via a patch or an uncensored release on another platform. I'm pretty sure that would make them more money as well, so it'd be a win-win for both them and the consumers. I really don't understand why they stubbornly refuse to go that way.

14 minutes ago, yelsha57 said:

I would rather read Cruise Sign. At least Under One Wing is coming out today. I still wish this fandisc was Cruise sign, since it was all ages and had an extra route. 

There are some good news regarding Cruise Sign. PS3 version can be bought pretty cheap used, works perfectly under RPCS3 emulator (it isn't piracy if you own original disk), and can be hooked using Cheat Engine with Hook Any Text plugin :D:

cruise-sign-hook.png

I think I'm going to read it after ToHeart.

Edited by adamstan

4 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. I wish MoeNovel would put as much effort into pleasing their fans as they do trying to please Steam, so we could get the complete experience via a patch or an uncensored release on another platform. I'm pretty sure that would make them more money as well, so it'd be a win-win for both them and the consumers. I really don't understand why they stubbornly refuse to go that way.

Well, after the hello goodbye drama i kind of understand though. Don't support it, but i understand if doing it uncensored would feel too risky.

49 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Well, after the hello goodbye drama i kind of understand though. Don't support it, but i understand if doing it uncensored would feel too risky.

I totally understand and accept that they release modified versions on Steam in order to avoid the Valve Ban Hammer, but that shouldn't stop them from releasing a patch or complete version somewhere else. That would satisfy the consumers (at least to a much greater extent than now) and they would most likely increase their revenue quite a bit by doing it.

I glanced over reviews on Steam, and - to my surprise - it seems, that it might actually be less censored than main game was.

Since MoeNovel is famous for its all ages only versions, you should be beware that this game does not show explicit sex scenes. It is, however, implied, which sometimes made it very confusing for me. Such as during a kissing scene that seemed off since it felt overdone with strange sound effects. Although in the end, you could tell it was just censored, they could have done these alterations better or rather completely cut out this scene as it seemed really weird when the girls were moaning and the kissing scene lasted for quite a long time.

(from https://noisypixel.net/if-my-heart-had-wings-flight-diary-review-pc/)

Strange...

Edited by adamstan

ill just wait for the fixed version from the fan translation. fuck moenovel. 

18 hours ago, adamstan said:

Seriously, Pulltop should localize (and port to PC) Cruise Sign and thus create "IMHHW Ultimate Edition" instead of half-assed shit they're apparently doing with this.

pleaase pulltop! :wafuu: i want akaris route so badly!

On 2019-03-01 at 2:32 AM, mitchhamilton said:

ill just wait for the fixed version from the fan translation. fuck moenovel.

You might have to wait forever. The people behind the restoration patch for the original game aren't going to make one for Flight Diary, so the only hope we have of getting one is if someone else does.

It looks like console version (developed by 5pb?) runs on a different engine, so probably yes.

As far as I remember from browsing, file formats definitely are different, and I don't know if there are even tools to work on PS3 version at all.

Edited by adamstan

10 hours ago, adamstan said:

It looks like console version (developed by 5pb?) runs on a different engine, so probably yes.

As far as I remember from browsing, file formats definitely are different, and I don't know if there are even tools to work on PS3 version at all.

It isn’t too hard to have the VN run on different engines as long as you have all the resources in your hand. 

The PS3 used a weird architecture so it kinda explains why there aren’t many tools out there.

I'm looking at the VNDB page for the Japanese version then back at the Steam page, and it looks like they've cut out an entire route?

42498.jpg

This screenshot shows 7 stories while the English only has 6. Anyone know what's missing?

Edited by Heliostorm