Can someone extract scripts from Haru Uso(ハルウソ) -Passing Memories- ?

Looks like you have Garbro already, which is good. For Malie engine vns, the scripts should be in data.dat>system>exec.dat.

The bad news is that in addition to being housed in the archive file, the scripts are encrypted and I haven't ever been able to find a good way to edit them even though I have tried several times.

25 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

Looks like you have Garbro already, which is good. For Malie engine vns, the scripts should be in data.dat>system>exec.dat.

The bad news is that in addition to being housed in the archive file, the scripts are encrypted and I haven't ever been able to find a good way to edit them even though I have tried several times.

Yeah, I currently use GARbro Version1.5.43.2857. When I try to open the archive, it isn't able to. That is the least of my worries if the scripts are also encrypted...

Well, you inspired me to go looking again and I that found Light_DatExtract.exe from this repository will unpack those exec.dat files: https://github.com/regomne/chinesize/tree/master/Malie/exdieslib

Just gotta figure out why you can't get into the archive in the first place. Worst case, you could open an issue on the Garbro github and let morkt know that some versions of Malie won't open.

Edited by tahu157