Jump to content

Site Work Failed, But We Didn't Die

Ugh. Still more roadblocks. Need to get an as-yet unknown password from Nay in order to get this sucker changed. For now, please enjoy the mess of a forums we've got, and dream of the forums we will probably never one day have.

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

Sign in to follow this  
Ranzo

100 Visual Novels Played Ain't a Damn Thing Changed

Recommended Posts

Capturejjvhgvgh.jpg?dl=1

So, after around 10 years off on and off playing I finally managed to clear the 100 VN threshold and I can honestly say that I'm shocked that I've kept up with it for this long. I started playing around 2009 after blindly stumbling upon the genre whilst on my frenzied quest to find more Galaxy Angel content. What really drew me in was the uniqueness of the medium and the potential for really great storytelling. I was liked how romance was really emphasized which was not the case for most of the video games that I've played.(Except for the Bioware fare which to be honest was not always that substantial) It was like I had found a new frontier and I decided I would plunder it for anything I deemed of worth. I've played a lot of lot of truly great vns that inspired and influenced me and some pretty shit ones that I wished I could scrub my brain of all knowledge of. Thanks to my relatively discerning taste that hasn't been that many, usually it was anytime I decided to play an H game. I'd like to say that I've kind of learned my lesson but we all know that's not the case. Now, if you'd excuse me, I need to find another vn to play.  

 

Anyway, I guess this is the part where you ask me a question, or crow about how you have already played 100 vns and you only started last year, or some other dumb shit.

Capturesdfsdfsdfdsfs.png?dl=1

 

Edited by Ranzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While i certainly haven't played that many VNs I can see where you're coming from. However, there have been numerous titles that gave me stuff to think about and question (Clannad, Rewrite, Little Busters (yes, I'm a dirty Key fanboy), Grisaia, Stein's;Gate, IroSeka, KonoSora, ...) and numerous titles that were just fun to play all around without being philosophical at all (most light-hearted H-games out there).
I rly like VNs and will always look for something new to read if it interests me. Whether the genre has changed or corrupted me I'll leave to you, but I don't regret having started to read VNs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>>Ain't a Damn Thing Changed

what did u expect? moefags are still around and the breast that feeds them devs, whilst lolibros getting knocked down by public opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. :vanilla: I myself only reached 50 finished titles last month, and it took me 5 years and 8 months to get to this point, so, I guess, I'm going with more or less the same speed? Though if you count everything that I didn't finish, this number will probably rise quite significantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the threshold! ^^ I wonder if I'll be able to keep reading VNs regularly for so many years. I'm at 200 after years and a half, by the virtue of going through SO MANY SHITTY SHORT EVNS, but this pace might be less than sustainable in the long run. :chaika:

So, as for questions: are there VNs where you actually did enjoy the h-scenes? :sachi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Yoshi said:

While i certainly haven't played that many VNs I can see where you're coming from. However, there have been numerous titles that gave me stuff to think about and question (Clannad, Rewrite, Little Busters (yes, I'm a dirty Key fanboy), Grisaia, Stein's;Gate, IroSeka, KonoSora, ...) and numerous titles that were just fun to play all around without being philosophical at all (most light-hearted H-games out there).
I rly like VNs and will always look for something new to read if it interests me. Whether the genre has changed or corrupted me I'll leave to you, but I don't regret having started to read VNs.

Oh, I'm a dirty Key fandboy as well and don't worry, your corruption has only just begun.

10 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

okay I've certainly played over 100 VNs I just haven't completed more than 89, on what side of the line am I????

You are on the Danger Line...duh.

 

9 hours ago, SaintOfVoid said:

>>Ain't a Damn Thing Changed

what did u expect? moefags are still around and the breast that feeds them devs, whilst lolibros getting knocked down by public opinion

Capturehnyhyu.jpg

8 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Nice. :vanilla: I myself only reached 50 finished titles last month, and it took me 5 years and 8 months to get to this point, so, I guess, I'm going with more or less the same speed? Though if you count everything that I didn't finish, this number will probably rise quite significantly.

Capturengv-gh.jpg

One day you will reach my level, only to find that I've already moved the goalposts several times over.

7 hours ago, onorub said:

Just so you know, the Sakura Taisen games have pretty similar storytelling to Galaxy Angel (and there are read-along translations out there if you don't know japanese).

Sounds interesting and it seems like they are going to release a new game soon.

7 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Congrats on the threshold! ^^ I wonder if I'll be able to keep reading VNs regularly for so many years. I'm at 200 after years and a half, by the virtue of going through SO MANY SHITTY SHORT EVNS, but this pace might be less than sustainable in the long run. :chaika:

So, as for questions: are there VNs where you actually did enjoy the h-scenes? :sachi:

Of course, the only place that you really belong is neck deep in the muck and mire of your own transgressions. I've only played around seven that I would consider to be total dogshit.

Of H scenes that I enjoyed the only ones I can really think of is a few in Kara No Shoujo oddly enough, oh and I truly loved the scene in Sekien no Inganock because it was actually romantic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×