• Chronos
  2. 2. Which route was your favourite?

• Suzuki Miu
    • Jounouichi Makoto
    • Dorothy Davenport
    • Sawatari Michiru
    • Andou Misaki
    • Chronos

So, I've recently finished reading Chrono Clock, and I really want to see what other people think about the title as well as share some thoughts.
In my opinion is was a pretty good read and (apart from Miu's "route" and the way Misaki was written) I had no issues with it.

As far as the list of characters, for me it's:

Michiru > Cro > D.D. > Makoto > Misaki

When it comes to the routes themselves, the order changes a little:

Cro > Michiru > Makoto > D.D. > Misaki

Now I generally like tsunderes but Misaki really felt like a bland character. Her route was a bit lacking as well compared to the other characters in my opinion.

Regarding Miu's route its, Prologue didn't do justice to the character and it was mildly disappointing that she lacked a proper arc. That's also the reason I can't really put her anywhere on the list.
She felt like a side character by the time I've unlocked her ending.

D.D.'s route while a bit cliche, was a solid read nontheless. Also, her dialogues were great which made me like her as a character.

Michiru personality-wise was a really well written static character and I've come to like her and her route very much.

Makoto's route was the first one I've played through and while plot is good, it was a bit uncomfortable to read and one could criticise choices that characters made and call them illogical.

When it comes to Cro's route it was a very pleasant surprise to me, as it not only gave other characters some depth, but also re-introduced Cro in a natural manner.

My personal ranking would be

Cro > Misaki > Makoto > Michiru > D.D

And for routes the sams thing.

Cro's route, IMO, was the best. Felt like it tied the whole VN together well and the ending was sweet. Misaki's route I loved for how fluffy it was (which one of the reasons I picked up CC was just to read something light-hearted and fluffy) and I liked how her and Rei's relationship was shown. Makoto's route I loved the action and I would've ranked it above Misaki but the route itself felt short and left me wanting more. Michiru's route I wasn't too huge a fan of since I don't really like little sister heroines (esp. when they're blood-related), but ignoring the incest aspect I loved how the drama was presented and how well the ending was. I didn't really like D.D that much nor her route, she annoyed me during the common route and while I started liking her a bit more in her route, the drama felt really out of left field and made me dislike it.

I didn't include Miu cause yeah I agree with you, her route was barely a route and she was barely a character herself after the prologue. Hell, I actually got annoyed with how they would start talking about how great she was in some of the other routes cause she'd barely had appeared despite being a close friend to Michiru and Misaki. Also, something I found funny is how every heroine has the credits show CGs over a clock with the slow credits music, while her credits is just a plain credits scroll agaisnt a white background with the OP playing. Also, how he gets with her was just stupid, especially after coming off of Cro's route.

Well we already have discussion thread for Chrono Clock, but I guess another one can't be hurt here.

As for Miu here, I agree that even the prologue didn't focused on her much despite I call the prologue as Miu's arc. Mostly because our focus was distracted by Makoto, Michiru, and Misaki introduction there. Not to mention the ongoing love square plot that happen at the prologue, so poor Miu did got lesser focus in the prologue. Oh and I didn't agree with mod Clephas called Miu as the second main heroine there because she didn't have much role in the routes, and if I want to nominate someone to be the second main heroine I would say that Michiru here should be good candidate there because she's been together with Rei since his childhood with Cro as de facto first main heroine obviously. Other than that, I'm quite content with the routes here.

• 2 weeks later...

Michiru is a bit tiresome, with all the sexual innuendo (and non-innuendo). Pretty plain character. I liked "the other" Michiru better, and she's the actual protagonist of that route really. The route itself was a chore until the end.

Misaki also was a bit plain and meh. Seems like I started the game with my least favourite characters XD

Finished it, i expected a "just decent" and cliched charage and that's exactly what i got so i was satisfied.

Ranking down heroines and routes (leaving out Miu since she has more of an ending than a route and i didn't like her chemistry with protag)

Heroines: Michiru>Chronos>DD>Makoto>Misaki

Routes: Chronos>Makoto>DD>Michiru>Misaki

• 3 years later...