What snacks do you like to eat while reading a VN?

PrincessOfFinch

I eat everything at the computer... but my favored snacks (as in, non-meal food) are my local store-brand cheetos (the HEB brand crunchy ones are better than the real ones, lol), cold noodles (prepare a bunch of thick sphagetti, stick it in the fridge to cool, then cover it with a sauce made of chili oil, peanut oil, coconut milk, and a small amount of unsweetened creamy peanut butter), and melon-flavored powerade.

This thought makes me feel cosy... Whenever I actually have a day off and can read VNs properly, the combo would be coffee and either crackers (with sesame or poppy seeds) or Pringles chips. I'm not sure what's the general consensus on mixing coffee with salty snacks, but it became a habit of mine over the past few years. Also oatmeal/wholegrain cookies.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

6 minutes ago, Clephas said:

I eat everything at the computer... but my favored snacks (as in, non-meal food) are my local store-brand cheetos (the HEB brand crunchy ones are better than the real ones, lol), cold noodles (prepare a bunch of thick sphagetti, stick it in the fridge to cool, then cover it with a sauce made of chili oil, peanut oil, coconut milk, and a small amount of unsweetened creamy peanut butter), and melon-flavored powerade.

That sounds unusual but I'd probably try it lol. Jealous you have melon flavoured Powerade though!

6 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

This thought makes me feel cosy... Whenever I actually have a day off and can read VNs properly, the combo would be coffee and either crackers (with sesame or poppy seeds) or Pringles chips. I'm not sure what's the general consensus on mixing coffee with salty snacks, but it became a habit of mine over the past few years. Also oatmeal/wholegrain cookies.

Haha me too! I like to eat sweets while reading something more light. Kinda similar to how Lucky Star will make me want sweets lol.

Salty snacks with coffee is probably a thing but I don't usually mix them myself since I prefer sweet things with coffee. I love oatmeal cookies though :)

10 minutes ago, adamstan said:

As for tea, I recently almost completely switched to japanese green tea - mostly 煎茶 - and sometimes I'm drinking it while reading VNs too (preferably with some cookies too :)).

Funny thing, up to around year ago I couldn't possibly imagine that I would even remotely like green tea of any kind ;)

Yeah green tea is strange but personally, I love it :)

49 minutes ago, PrincessOfFinch said:

Yeah green tea is strange but personally, I love it :)

I was biased against it for a long time after some bad experiences with instant ones brewed too long and using too hot (=boiling) water. When I first tried properly brewed green tea (I think it was at one small japanese restaurant* that quickly became my favorite place) I instantly loved it.

* too bad that it's open only Mon-Fri, 10-16 and not in my city, so I can visit them only during my holidays or when they do saturday special events once in a month. This place is true 穴場 ("hole in the wall") - little shop, hidden somewhere in former industrial district, with just a few seats and two ladies running it - but with absolutely delicious, home-like cooking.

Edited by adamstan

11 minutes ago, yelsha57 said:

I sometimes drink hot tea, but I drink mostly water when im reading. I also take a break, when I'm eating. I get easily distracted, so I like to be able to focus while I'm reading. The same goes when I'm reading books and mangas.

Yeah I can be like that too. I don't eat full meals while I read but I like to have chocolate or some salty snack.

Edited by PrincessOfFinch
Typo

I love the auto-read function because it enables me to eat peacefully while reading.

I mostly eat huge quantities of ice cream, cakes or many slices of bread with Nucrema on them (It's like Nutella, but much cheaper). (I take advantage of my ultra fast metabolism).

Sometimes I eat grapefruits and drink tea or Cola.

Edited by Mago Ivo

18 minutes ago, Mago Ivo said:

I love the auto-read function because it enables me to eat peacefully while reading.

I mostly eat huge quantities of ice cream, cakes or many slices of bread with Nucrema on them (It's like Nutella, but much cheaper). (I take advantage of my ultra fast metabolism).

Sometimes I eat grapefruits and drink tea or Cola.

Damn, I like your style lol