Sabbat of the witch crash

XDarkLord92X

I i really need some help please. I was playing the after stories in sabbat of the witch and during megurus h-scene i got a pop up saying "invalid argument" and the game crashed. I never had it happen before but yesterday i make the xp3 files set as open with notepad instead of having it as "unknown program". Could it be because of that? Or is it something else? Thanks a lot in advance, all help is appreciated!

22 hours ago, XDarkLord92X said:

yesterday i make the xp3 files set as open with notepad instead of having it as "unknown program". Could it be because of that?

If you saved the file after opening it in notepad, they yeah, it might be because of that. Windows notepad tends to add some extra formatting text at the beginning of files you save, so it's better to use Notepad++ if you are editing files used by other programs. Anyway, just reinstall the game and see if the error still appears.

On 25/02/2019 at 7:50 PM, Dreamysyu said:

If you saved the file after opening it in notepad, they yeah, it might be because of that. Windows notepad tends to add some extra formatting text at the beginning of files you save, so it's better to use Notepad++ if you are editing files used by other programs. Anyway, just reinstall the game and see if the error still appears.

Thanks. I didnt saved it, it was taking a long time to open so i force closed via task manager. I already finished the game and find it weird that in 40h of main story it never happened but then happens in a short meguru after story....in the second part of her h-scene. Yesterday i played touko and wakans after story (about 40 mins) and it didnt happened.

Just now, XDarkLord92X said:

Thanks. I didnt saved it, it was taking a long time to open so i force closed via task manager. I already finished the game and find it weird that in 40h of main story it never happened but then happens in a short meguru after story....in the second part of her h-scene. Yesterday i played touko and wakans after story (about 40 mins) and it didnt happened. Its just extremely weird and the error "invalid argument" makes no sense to me.

7 hours ago, XDarkLord92X said:

it was taking a long time to open so i force closed via task manager.

This usually happens when the file is too big. If you didn't save it, then the file wasn't changed after you opened it, and it means that it wasn't the reason why this bug happened. Well, random bugs like that appear in many games, and it's pretty difficult to get rid of all of them, so that's fine if you were able to finish the game after that.