How many do you play at once, if any?

PrincessOfFinch

49 minutes ago, yelsha57 said:

I read several of them, because I like variety, or I just need a little break. I also switch to another one, depending on my mood, like if I want to read a mystery or a Nakige for example. 

Yeah I'm like that with books as well. Usually they're all different so everything stays kinda fresh and interesting for me. That's why I decided to play some Cartagra and Higurashi alongside The Fruit of Grisaia and Little Busters because I need my creepy stuff lol

22 minutes ago, PrincessOfFinch said:

Yeah I'm like that with books as well. Usually they're all different so everything stays kinda fresh and interesting for me. That's why I decided to play some Cartagra and Higurashi alongside The Fruit of Grisaia and Little Busters because I need my creepy stuff 

Yeah it is nice to have a different story. I see more vns, that interest me, and I end up reading them. I do need to finish the ones I started though. 

2 minutes ago, PrincessOfFinch said:

My boyfriend doesn't understand how I have so many things on the go, but I don't understand how he can only have one thing to focus on so I guess it evens out lol 

Tbh, it gets dull when you are only playing or watching one thing. It can also get a little frustrating, when I don't know what to do, or I just need a break from that. Eventually I do come back to it. When I read a vn I may read one route or chapter at a time, and go to another one. If I really enjoy it, I'll read the whole vn.

8 minutes ago, yelsha57 said:

Tbh, it gets dull when you are only playing or watching one thing. It can also get a little frustrating, when I don't know what to do, or I just need a break from that. Eventually I do come back to it. When I read a vn I may read one route or chapter at a time, and go to another one. If I really enjoy it, I'll read the whole vn.

I completely agree. Sometimes it's difficult being into so many different things and different genres because there's never enough time to do everything you want to lol. Like I'm into Cartagra a lot right now but I'll be wanting to switch to something more light hearted soon because I can't handle heavy stuff for a long period of time.

Edited by PrincessOfFinch

14 minutes ago, PrincessOfFinch said:

I completely agree. Sometimes it's difficult being into so many different things and different genres because there's never enough time to do everything you want to lol. Like I'm into Cartagra a lot right now but I'll be wanting to switch to something more light hearted soon because I can't handle heavy stuff for a long period of time.

Same

6 hours ago, Alcorin said:

I try to only do one at a time, but the truth is that, unless my hyperfixation kicks in, my attention span is pitiful :( So I usually have 2-3 big things going on and a myriad of smaller ones that I can finish in 1-2 sittings ^^

Yeah you sound similar to me lol

i cannot discourage playing multiple vns at a time enough. xD

its so easy to think "oh, well this way is more efficient" but usually whats happening is one is satisfying you in some way while another may, but then another may satisfy you and you find yourself in an endless loop of not finishing anything and you have a massive backlog that only grows and grows until it consumes all your pc space until you start deleting stuff you want to read but you know itll take you 30 years to read them anyways! :rize:

STOP IT! DONT DO IT! DONT END UP LIKE ME! THIS IS THE FACE OF ONE WHOS FALLEN SO FAR! :tears: 

I only read one at a time. New English VN releases that I'm interested in are so rare that there really isn't even a chance to read 2 at a time. Whenever a new one comes out I'll usually just hardcore read through it and be done with it within a week. I even avoid going on Discord so I can't be bugged by people to play games with them XD

• 4 weeks later...

Well, like books, I read two at most, especially if they're heavy plot wise, only one if I'm really into it, when I read Umineko I didn't read any other visual novel at the time. Ofc, if I'm very invested in a vn I would only read that one. For eroges and otomes who are only romance centered I read like three or more at the same time