Kara No Shoujo or Rewrite?

PrincessOfFinch

2 hours ago, PrincessOfFinch said:

So I'm currently playing Little Busters, Higurashi, and occasionally The Fruit of Grisaia. I want to start playing either Kara No Shoujo or Rewrite but I'm having trouble deciding on which one to play so which do you all think I should start? Thanks! :)

You should hold off on kara no shoujo until we know more about the final installment. Rewrite is good though, but i expect the new version will be a bit better

5 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

I sincerely hope that what you just mentioned is an established fact from the get-go in Rewrite, and not a major spoiler that you brought up out of the blue without properly marking it as a spoiler.

I initially thought that part was a joke but now I'm not so sure.. 

4 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

I sure hope so. I've been looking forward to reading Rewrite soon, so if what ChaosRaven said is actually true and also something you're not supposed to know until later on in the story, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

Yup, same here. Although I guess it's more about the journey towards that if it's true but that's not really the point.. 

51 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

I sincerely hope that what you just mentioned is an established fact from the get-go in Rewrite, and not a major spoiler that you brought up out of the blue without properly marking it as a spoiler.

It's a spoiler, but, I'd say, it's a pretty light one. At least, I don't think that knowing this fact would majorly affect my enjoyment of the game if I haven't played it yet. I could explain why I think so, but they my post would turn into a much bigger spoiler than what @ChaosRaven has written, so I'll stop here.

Just now, Dreamysyu said:

It's a spoiler, but, I'd say, it's a pretty light one. At least, I don't think that knowing this fact would majorly affect my enjoyment of the game if I haven't played it yet. I could explain why I think so, but they my post would turn into a much bigger spoiler than what @ChaosRaven has written, so I'll stop here.

Hmm.. light spoilers are mostly ok with me so I can get over it lol

55 minutes ago, Silvz said:

It's not really a spoiler, and even if it were, it would be only for a very small part of the characters [that you don't even have routes for]. Just for a comparison, it would be as spoilerish as ssaying Little Busters is about baseball.

Ooh thank you, that helps :)

36 minutes ago, McDerpingheimer III said:

If you’re an English reader, probably KnS cause the Rewrite translation is bad so you should wait for Rewrite+

Are Amaterasu generally bad at translating? I know they did Cross Channel too, and I’ve heard that it’s supposed to be pretty awful as well.

I’ve been planning to read Sekien no Inganock (also done by Amaterasu) sometime in the near future, but I’m starting to worry now that maybe it’s another bad translation.

15 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

Are Amaterasu generally bad at translating? I know they did Cross Channel too, and I’ve heard that it’s supposed to be pretty awful as well.

I’ve been planning to read Sekien no Inganock (also done by Amaterasu) sometime in the near future, but I’m starting to worry now that maybe it’s another bad translation.

I would say that you should find out whether the translation is good or not by yourself, and if you find the translation is good (Or you didn't have any problem with it) then you should read it and so does with Inganock here. To me his translation is still fine, so you can read it. I hope that you'll have fun there for Rewrte if you decided to pick it later, and also have fun to OP in regard of Kara no Shoujo.

18 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

Translation quality is a very subjective thing on this forum. Some are willing to let the whole world burn for some grammar mistakes and others are fine with machine translations. And then people such as me who is fine as long as it's understandable and not full of the translators "improvisations" where the translator writes in stuff that's never in the visual novel in the first place, or rewritten stuff for whatever the hell reason.

Anyway, try and see. You might also like it, i certainly did.