Finally got my Grisaia complete box, here are some pictures

bakauchuujin

After quite a long wait I have finally have the Grisaia complete box.

This is the front of the box

O4n8jts.jpg

The back of the box

9Tp3GMF.jpg

The sides of the box

DGvUZQ9.jpg

13v3up5.jpg

The back of the things that houses the games as well as the soundtracks.

LRh9dhA.jpg

The games and soundtrack

yWvkUlW.jpg

The artbook (it is quite large)

ZzC7bJA.jpg

A random sample from the artbook (sorry for blurry picture, not really that steady when holding a camera).

Spoiler

dc69Jhv.jpg

Extra items

2O3t0Tz.jpg

Size comparison with a regular DVD case and a normal japanese physical VN.

0xg65LK.jpg

As for the quality of this I would say it is amazing. It looks wonderfull and it has quite a lot of weight to it and just feel like an overall really high quality product. If I were going to nitpick some things I guess one would be that I think it would be nice if they had the small extra stories on disc, since they already had so many things on disc they should have just added one more (not a huge complaint though since they are only really short stories, <2 hours each according to vndb). Another thing is that the cover thing for The cleaning of grisaia light novel doesn't really seem to fitt perfectly (seems larger than it should be compared to the book). Though again these are just small nitpicks, overall I am really really satisfied with the quality of the box and glad I bought it even though it was really expensive.

Edited by bakauchuujin

2 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

not the biggest grisaia fan but looking at this makes me want to get it. where did you get it?

Long answer

It was part of the Grisaia phantom trigger kickstarter, one of the pledge goals was that if they reached $180000 they would make an english edition of the grisaia complete box that they released in japan to commemorate 300 thousand sales for the grisaia series. From what I can see of the different pledges it seems like it wasn't available as a pledge, but only through backerkit at first. Then they also sold some through pre-order on Jlist, which is where i bought mine. Recently they have also sold some copies on Jlist as well (I would assume they are copies from people who asked for a refund, though this is only specualtion), though they very recently sold out meaning that if you want it you are probably out of luck.

Short answer it is not available any longer.

Also something I would like to add, if you wonder about a physical release you can check out the list bellow, I try to do my best to make sure it says what is still available or not as well as where they are available.

Edited by bakauchuujin

Eh, I'm actually kinda jealous even though I didn't like Grisaia that much. That is a damn nice box set!

Shame it has to be locked behind KS like everything else these days. Wish I could just buy this stuff outright without having to wait forever and a half for a KS purchase to come in. But hey, I guess this is what we get for having a super niche hobby. :vinty:

A small update that kind of annoys me. Mangagamer has just recently released the Grisaia series on their store and all of them are without mosaic. The complete box has mosaics which was expected, though that was because at the time they made it there was no version without the mosaic. I kind of feel cheated learning about a digital release that in my eyes is superior to the release I got in the really expensive complete box. I hope we will get a free patch because it would be really messed up if I have to buy it again if I want to not have mosaics especially considering how expensive the complete box was. Well now Mangagamer just confirmed that their version have mosaics as well and that they had not been informed by this, still find it odd that they had non mosaic sample pictures.

Edited by bakauchuujin

4 hours ago, WorldofAI said:

That said, I got my box last week and it mentioned "Steam required" on the back. Is that the case for the 3 main titles?

Steam is only required for Grisaia no SenritsuGrisaia no Yuukan and Grisaia no Zankou, which are just given as codes. 

Edited by bakauchuujin