Spring Anime List of 2019

Sonicboom2.0

Sasuga Madhouse getting me hyped already! If Shoumetsu Toshi turns out as good as I hope it does, I might be willing to forgive this studio for not animating OPM S2. I'm still seriously let down that J.C. Staff is continuing the series, though (especially since they didn't care to hire a more experienced director).

Isekai Quartet's probably gonna be AOTS. No, I take that back, it's definitely going to be AOTS. AOTY even. AOTD (decade) is a realistic stretch.

What a wonderful time to be a Fruits Basket fan! It seems this is gonna be a fairly different take on the source since the mangaka had issues with the original adaption's direction. I didn't think it was all that bad, truth be told, but I'm curious to see how they handle this one differently.

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san, you've caught my attention with your 800-year-old loli fox. This'll either be a pleasant surprise or a guilty pleasure. I'm fine with it either way, so I'll give it a go. :3

Oh shit, YU-NO got an anime? Sheesh, I really am bad at keeping up with anime news. >.< Can't help it though; I always seem to be getting distracting by Trump's shenanigans.
But yeah, I'm probably gonna hold off on this. The trailers don't look bad at all (especially with that retro segment), but I don't wanna risk spoiling the source if I can help it.

What the hell is Sarazanmai trying to pull here!? Damn, I think we have some real visionaries behind this one.

Hey, Duel Masters is still going! I only vaguely remember this anime since it wasn't that good, but I used to play the TCG all the time with my brother way back when. Kinda nostalgic seeing the name come up again. Not something I plan to watch, and I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, but I figured I'd write about it anyways and waste everybody's time.

TL;DR:
I'll likely be watching Shoumetsu Toshi, Isekai Quartet, Fruits Basket (remake), Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san, and Sarazanmai.
Liking this lineup.

3 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

This "Kenja no Mago" isekai sounds like the worts and most generic thing ever. It's going to be horrible and I'm going to enjoy every second of it. :nico:

You know, this actually sounds like it may be pretty entertaining as long as the comedy is funny. I noticed that I tend to enjoy these "absolutely overpowered but too stupid to live" kinds of isekai, because it's kind of fun to look forward to what other stupid overpowered thing the protagonist will do next. :yumiko: You know, if they keep things at least somewhat unpredictable.

10 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

You know, this actually sounds like it may be pretty entertaining as long as the comedy is funny. I noticed that I tend to enjoy these "absolutely overpowered but too stupid to live" kinds of isekai, because it's kind of fun to look forward to what other stupid overpowered thing the protagonist will do next. :yumiko: You know, if they keep things at least somewhat unpredictable.

Well, that's an ideal scenario. I liked how, for example, the Demon Lord isekai mixed humour with genuinely cool action (only the humour was mostly coupled with unbearable fanservice), but it'd rather not expect anything when approaching these shows. Or rather, I expect the worst and leave infinite potential for being positively surprised. :wahaha: