Best anime/manga based on untranslated visual novels?

Seraphim

There are a ton of visual novels that I'm currently unable to read due to the fact that I don't understand Japanese, but I imagine there have been anime and/or manga adaptations of some of those. I would greatly appreciate some recommendations of anime and/or manga that are based on untranslated visual novels and worth watching/reading! (English subtitles are a requirement, for obvious reasons.)
I don't mind violence, nudity and whatnot, so I'm basically up for anything as long as the story's decent!

Thanks!

Edited by Seraphim88

What about Hoshizora e kakaru hashi, has anime but the vn is untranslated. Also Mashiro Iro Symphony and Tayutama - Kiss on my Deity -, romance stuff. Mmm.... Yosuga no sora, an incredible ost.

Phantom of Inferno.

Update:

Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai - Under the Innocent Sky. Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo.

One more, Amagami SS, and Amagami SS+. And the last one i guess.

If I remember something, I will add it.

Edited by YomiPlays
Moar anime. +

1 hour ago, 1P1A said:

VNDB "Has Anime"

This will give you a list of VNs that have a related anime. Click one, and see the "Related Anime" line where there will be a ANN link.

Wow, that's awesome! I've managed to completely miss that you can add a "has anime" filter there.

I'm still interested in specific recommendations, though!

Tayutama's anime doesn't bear much of a resemblance to the game... it basically turns the great Mashiro ending into a sad ending, which pissed me off to no end when I played the game and realized how badly I'd been gypped by the anime makers.

39 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Tayutama's anime doesn't bear much of a resemblance to the game... it basically turns the great Mashiro ending into a sad ending, which pissed me off to no end when I played the game and realized how badly I'd been gypped by the anime makers.

That's too bad. I guess one of the biggest issues with anime/manga adaptations of visual novels are that they often change the story or do mashups of several routes to make up for the lack of choices that are available in the visual novels.
Tayutama is a VN I've been wanting to read, but unable to due to it still being untranslated. Hikari Field is localizing the sequel, but there are no plans for first one as far as I know.