System Requirements for VN

katineko

Hello, 

So I have an Asus Transformer Mini that I was wanting to use to read Symphonic Rain. 

Here are the specs: https://www.pcmag.com/review/349819/asus-transformer-mini-t102ha-d4-gr?tab=Specs

As for the processor, I have heard it is able to go up to 1.92GHz or so. 

The requirements for Symphonic Rain are:

Processor: 2GHz or more、Memory: 2 GB RAM、Graphics: Monitor capable of displaying 1280x720, full color

Storage: 4 GB available space

Will the Asus Transformer Mini be enough? 

Thanks for any input : ) 

Edited by katineko

37 minutes ago, katineko said:

Will the Asus Transformer Mini be enough? 

There are very few VNs this kind of notebook would have any trouble running. Most of them are purely 2D games, often with no or minimal animation. And Symphonic Rain especially is a title from the early 2000s, even proper 3D games from that time have a good chance to run on this kind of system. The only thing I'd be wary about is the small disk space - 128GB, when you subtract the space taken by Windows and all kinds of basic software you need to make your computer functional, leaves relatively little area to play with, but you can always buy a large SD card or an external HDD to remedy that. With VNs, you really don't have to worry about the loading speeds much.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

7 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

There are very few VNs this kind of notebook would have any trouble running. Most of them are purely 2D games, often with no or minimal animation. And Symphonic Rain especially is a title from the early 2000s, even proper 3D games from that time have a good chance to run on this kind of system. The only thing I'd be wary about is the small disk space - 128GB, when you subtract the space taken by Windows and all kinds of basic software you need to make your computer functional, leaves relatively little area to play with, but you can always buy a large SD card or an external HDD to remedy that. With VNs, you really don't have to worry about the loading speeds much.

This...

Most VNs can be easly ran with that config, you may have some problem with some new VNs that requires a better CPU.

Most of the times, the "requirements" counts background apps as well. When i first started playing VN i had a shitty notebook. Most of your problem can be solved by simply clearing background apps.

By the way, first time i see a Brazilian other than me here.