Light announces English translation of Dies irae ~Interview with Kaziklu Bey~

Zenophilious

They also announced that they're no longer working with the PR team they outsourced to for the original Kickstarter campaign.  Apparently they're hiring steiner (one of the translators for the original VN) to as a brand manager, and there isn't going to be any kind of middleman company involved.  He's also going to be the sole translator for Kaziklu Bey as well.

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm pretty hyped.  It's definitely the kick in the pants I need to get around to finishing the original.

Steiner seems less like a PR-manager and more like he just treats Dies twitter and reddit as his second accounts which he uses to relay messages from Light lol

Not that it's something bad. 

But the news sure are great, I prepared myself for never hearing from Light in the West again and now it looks like we might  even see another big localization from them. I still didn't properly play Dies but will definitely buy Interview just to add to the support a bit.

Edited by novurdim

8 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

That's the best part of this announcement. :yumiko:

Right?  I'll never forget how they confirmed a new Rusalka route without even apparently asking Light what that meant, had someone tell them what they were actually promising, and then deleted the post and walked back the statement, claiming that they actually meant that a Rusalka bad end already existed.  Good riddance :sacchan:

25 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Right?  I'll never forget how they confirmed a new Rusalka route without even apparently asking Light what that meant, had someone tell them what they were actually promising, and then deleted the post and walked back the statement, claiming that they actually meant that a Rusalka bad end already existed.  Good riddance :sacchan:

This was pure gold, lol. The PR for the first Dies campaign sure was something. 

That reminds me I need to finish Rea's route. Will definitely play this afterwards since Wilhelm was a good villain; his VA perhaps turning in the best of the over the top villain performance I've heard in a while. Here's hoping this does well enough that we get KKK and the Silverio games...are there any other light games people would like to see localized?

On 10.2.2019 at 7:41 AM, BookwormOtaku said:

Here's hoping this does well enough that we get KKK and the Silverio games...are there any other light games people would like to see localized?

There are a lot of light VNs that I am interested in:

- Paradise Lost and Kajiri Kamui Kagura are connected to Dies irae

- Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyoujin (Senshinkan for short) has already been asked for on twitter. It has also a sequel in Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Bansenjin.

- Silverio Vendetta and it's sequel Silverio Trinity

- Gunjou no Sora o Koete (also has a really good reputation)

- Sora no Baroque (light's newest work)

There is also a bunch of other chuunige that I would love seeing in Vermilion -Bind of Blood-, Zero Infinity -Devil of Maxwell- and Electro Arms -Realize Digital Dimension-.

So light has titles for years as far as I am concerned and I am sure I missed some interesting titles in this list too. Let's just hope that they find their venture into the west worthwhile and start working on more  translations.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulation for the release there, and I guess you can play it if you're Mamiko Noto fan (Her tone as Claudia was really similar). Even if you're not, this could be a nice addiction to Dies Irae fans out there. Now let's see if we can get both of Senshinkan and Silveriro in the future, and hopefully Light already considered that (I knew the chance for those two to be localized is small for now).