God will anything good be translated soon?

CarouselRose

I have no right to complain if i'm not doing the translation i simply wanted to state i see alot of newer visual novels getting translation that honestly don't even look they're worth reading. The storylines usually are so cliche and boring even the fantasy ones. 

Gothic Delusion, Yosuga na Haruka, Hoshizora no Memoria EH, Etc.

These are just examples *Sigh* So many good visual novels that have either been dropped or are untranslated. 

Coming up soon from MangaGamer are: BokuTen, DameKoi, and Sona-Nyl.  Sekai Project has Harumade Kururu, Baldr Sky, and Nanairo Reincarnation.  Sol Press has Irotoridori no Sekai and The Future Radio and the Artificial Pigeons.  Nekonyan has Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm.

There are so many VNs upcoming that I find it very hard to believe that a) you like VNs in general, and b) none of them interest you at all.

1 hour ago, VirginSmasher said:

You know what I did when I got tired of how mediocre the English scene was getting? I started learning Japanese in order to avoid it. You can too instead of complaining about it on here.

Do people on here get a kick out of telling people to learn Japanese? Like, I would love to learn Japanese, but having to study for college, working on days I don't have class, and then hanging out with friends when I get the time, only leaves very little time to even read VNs, let alone dedicate myself to learning hiragana, kanji, and katakana along with learning the grammar rules for spoken japanese. Not everybody can really dedicate the time to learn a new language. I mean, complaining about him complaining doesn't do much for anyone, including yourself. 

Back to the original post, yeah a lot of things are in the works currently, I'm sure if you reread the current translation list, you'll find something being translated that you'll like.

Edited by thelink1123

9 hours ago, CarouselRose said:

Gothic Delusion, Yosuga na Haruka, Hoshizora no Memoria EH, Etc.

If this are the examples of "good" then yes, plenty? Irotoridori is even literally from the same company that did Hoshizora EH. Nandemonai's list is pretty good, though I'd personally also add Hello Lady to it. I've also heard good things about Byakko.

But admittedly it does feel like there'll be less and less interesting high-profile releases going forward. 

8 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I hope it's better than SukiSuki, but yes, I have high hopes for this. At least it doesn't seem to use "dating-sim" system.

As long as they don't have a very questionable heroine like Mahiru( which they don't), I am sure it'll turn out to be pretty good. The story, to me, sounds pretty interesting because I used to love rockets and spacecraft. I still do, but it really isn't my passion. 

There are a lot of cool vns coming out, and I am really enjoying Hello, Goodbye so far. I'll some Vns I'm most excited for in the future are Aokana, Trinoline, Bokuten, Hello Lady, Nanairo Reincarnation, Rewrite +, Baldr Sky, Clockwork Ley-line trilogy, Sharin No Kuni, Harumade Kururu, Majo Koi Nikki, Senran Banka, Irotoridori, Future Radio, Lamunation, and etc. I have a lot of vns to look forward to, and if most of them get released this year or next, that will be great. I could list more, but these give you an idea, of what vns I'm hoping to read in the future. Anyway I believe 2019 will be a good year. 

This list is not in any particular order, but have fun reading these vns that will get released and hope that get some new ones announced like in 2018 we got some really good announcements, although I'm always happy every year when we get some vns that are on our wishlist. 

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I really didn't mean any harm by my comment.

I just started getting back into visual novels again and these thought comments (excluding rude ones) mean alot to me! I've been pretty busy with college & illustrating managing both pretty much takes up all my time during the day so i finally decided to take a break from illustrating which gives me more time to play visual novels i'm definitely excited about that. Anyways so my point was i'm a little behind so the recommendations are great keep them coming!

3 hours ago, CarouselRose said:

@VirginSmasher I actually just started studying Japanese recently so i don't need such commentary.

I wish you luck in your studies then. I'd recommend reading this and taking notes if you want to get into reading unTLed VNs faster. http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar

9 hours ago, thelink1123 said:

Do people on here get a kick out of telling people to learn Japanese? Like, I would love to learn Japanese, but having to study for college, working on days I don't have class, and then hanging out with friends when I get the time, only leaves very little time to even read VNs, let alone dedicate myself to learning hiragana, kanji, and katakana along with learning the grammar rules for spoken japanese. Not everybody can really dedicate the time to learn a new language. I mean, complaining about him complaining doesn't do much for anyone, including yourself. 

This argument goes completely out the window once you actually think about it.

1. If you would truly love to learn Japanese, you could find even half an hour during your day to dedicate to studying. Even if your study periods are in small, allocated amounts of time, you will progress over time.

2. I know quite a few people who've been in your situation and have managed to learn Japanese nonetheless. It honestly just sounds like you're not motivated enough. 

Harumade Kururu, Nanairo Reincarnation, Majo Koi Nikki, Nanairo Reincarnation,Tenshin Ranman Lucky or Unlucky!?, picked up and and will be released by who knows when by Sekai Project

Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi, Trinoline, Rance 10, Boku ga Tenshi ni Natta Wake being translated by MangaGamer

Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart, being translated by the company's in-house translators

Irotoridori no Sekai trilogy, Mirai Radio to Jinkou-bato, being translated by Sol Press

Senren Banka, Making Lovers, Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm, Hello Lady!, being translated by NekoNyan Soft

Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai with a fan-TL that has 3 routes already released in the latest patch

ーand a bunch more you have to look into since they also might match your taste.

There are a lot of good visual novels being translated, and these are not counting the average and mediocre yet.

If you missed some of these VNs already released below, give them a try too:

Sanoba Witch

Hello,good-bye

Hapymaher

Evenicle

Island

Maitetsu

Fureraba ~Friend to Lover~

Sorcery Jokers

Wagamama High Spec

Edited by Magicflier

3 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

This argument goes completely out the window once you actually think about it.

1. If you would truly love to learn Japanese, you could find even half an hour during your day to dedicate to studying. Even if your study periods are in small, allocated amounts of time, you will progress over time.

2. I know quite a few people who've been in your situation and have managed to learn Japanese nonetheless. It honestly just sounds like you're not motivated enough. 

Care to work my hours for me at my job? 5-10 usually, after 6 hours of class, I study/work on assigned work until about 12, weekends are the only time I get extra time (even right now I'm on my break typing this on my phone as I went in to work early because they canceled classes for the day due to the weather), then I hang out with friends for a couple hours, sometimes I stay home and read a VN for a little bit, when I'm really busy during the semester with work I usually have to do some on the weekends as well. 

You're wrong if you think I am not motivated enough, hell, I've done your "small, allocated amounts of time" studying strategy, but I find it hard to even get a hour to myself most days (If only I didn't have to worry about being homeless if I didn't work). Yeah, maybe when I get away from the ridiculous schedule I currently have I'll be able to study it, but for now, due to financial circumstances, I need to work as much as I can to keep a place to sleep and food to eat.

VNs are something that help me escape from my chaotic schedule when I do get immersed in them. That's why I love them, even if I can't read Japanese now, the translations are being done so English speaking/reading people can have the opportunity to enjoy these as well and not having to learn an entire language to do so.

Regardless, some people have absolutely no time to learn another language, especially people like me juggling long class times along with work, but being an adult means your priorities better be placed correctly or you'll end up homeless or without food. I will begin to learn Japanese when my life calms down/ this semester ends because I have more classes than I ever had before. (I have this schedule so I can avoid having to pay for more classes separately, later on down the line when I near graduation.)

25 minutes ago, thelink1123 said:

Regardless, some people have absolutely no time to learn another language, especially people like me juggling long class times along with work, but being an adult means your priorities better be placed correctly or you'll end up homeless or without food.

Ya know, it's completely fine to complain about the english scene even if you simply have no desire to learn the language right now, loving VNs and not learning yet another lang to read them are not contradictory things in the slightest. Ridiculous that people even have to make excuses why they don't learn japanese yet every time some localization team fails at their job. The "time to learn japanese" meme is but a mockery at this point. Not many people would do something that demands such a serious dedication for the sake of light entertainment. 

I actually had an interesting conversation on a similar topic with a friend who did manage to learn japanese after quite some time and now rarely reads visual novels. He says that since learning japanese takes quite a lot of effort for most people, in the end they start feeling that reading translated novels is something akin to cheating and get this perverse desire to force others go through the same things, make a serious effort to enjoy the medium. If they persevered why shouldn't the others just do the same? At first such logic sounded absurd but now I feel like some people at fuwa are dead set on proving his point to me :wahaha:

50 minutes ago, McDerpingheimer III said:

If you have free time to read VNs you have time to learn Japanese

plus a single VN probably takes longer than learning kana

So one cannot read VNs/complain about the quantity of VNs translated if they don't know Japanese? As somebody said earlier, VNs are light entertainment, and I am 100% fine with reading them whenever they get translated.

Now, if I had to choose between reading VNs and cutting out that time to learn a language, I would easily choose VNs, as they help me escape from my chaotic schedule. 

Also, everybody's learning pace is different, you might learn kana in a day, and Billy from Nevada would take 3 weeks to learn it. I am very hands on when learning so I need flash cards along with other studying materials to remember different characters and so on and so forth.

Saying that just because someone has the free time to play a VN for half an hour to an hour every once in a while they have the time to learn Japanese is akin to saying that because I have the money in savings that I should just buy an RTX 2080Ti because hey, I have the money right?. Just because they read doesn't necessarily mean the time they have is sufficient in learning a language nor is it what they want to do(I already study enough for my classes, let alone adding more trying to learn a new language). 

Regardless, if you really think that people will be motivated to learn Japanese by being harassed/constantly nagged to do so by otakus like most of us on this site, you're sorely mistaken. If anything it comes across as a superiority complex most of the time.

Let people enjoy VNs, whether they know Japanese or not. If they want to complain, let 'em, it doesn't affect you or me.

(Not all of this is directed at the person I quoted, some of it is just for users in general that exhibit said behavior)

Edited by thelink1123