Translated Chuuni VNs?

Haro

I've read VNs such as Dies Irae, Tokyo Babel, Gahkthun, Cho Dengeki Stryker, Fate series, and even the Sekien No Ignanock series, I'm looking for a visual novel that's similar to these, though I'd also like it to be somewhat like Dies Irae power system (Machina being able to erase Concepts, Rusalka being able to paralyze you with her shadow, etc.) So basically an OP one lol.

1 hour ago, Clephas said:

I'll just list the translated ones for now, unless you can play untranslated.

Translated:

Ayakashibito

Comyu

Hello, Lady (soon)

Sorcery Jokers

Unless there’s a way of me being able to read them without knowing Japanese, no lol, but I do intend on learning Japanese soon so I’m fine with you posting untranslated ones too!

If you count VN RPG as chuuni VNs like mod Clepas did, then I would recommend both of Eien no Aselia and Seinarukana since both of those were duology. Other than that, both of Rance series (Especially VI and Sengoku) and Evenicle sounds like the good choices. Oh and since Nandemonai mentioned Steins Gate, let me recommend both of Chaos Head and Chaos Child here although it's more in line with mystery VN though (It's still fit because of the swords existence). For the last recommendations, I'll recommend you Umineko (And the sequel Chiru) here and even though it's a mystery VN you'll see why I recommend this later. I hope that my recommendations here will be helpful to you just in case you still didn't read those VNs.

Edited by littleshogun

On 1/21/2019 at 8:45 PM, littleshogun said:

If you count VN RPG as chuuni VNs lke Clepas did, then I would recommend both of Eien no Aselia and Seinarukana since both of those were duology. Other than that, both of Rance series (Especially VI and Sengoku) and Evenicle sounds like the good choices. Oh and since Nandemonai mentioned Steins Gate, let me recommend both of Chaos Head and Chaos Child here although it's more in line with mystery VN though (It's still fit because of the swords existence). For the last recommendations, I'll recommend you Umineko (And the sequel Chiru) here and even though it's a mystery VN you'll see why I recommend this later. I hope that my recommendations here will be helpful to you just in case you still didn't read those VNs.

Thank you! I'll definitely read most of them if not all of them.

Edited by Haro

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 3:22 PM, Haro said:

Thank you! I'll definitely read most of them if not all of them.

I agree with above recommendations, especially Umineko since it is one of the best (at least my favorite), if not the best VNs out there. However, I would like to recommend you to postpone Chaos;Head for now. Chaos;Head has 2 versions: original and Noah. You can think of Noah as a full version which is supposed to fix flaws of original + adds additional routes. For now, there are English versions of Noah for ios and android, but PC patch is on the way. You might as well wait a bit till Eng PC patch is released, this way you won't lose all fun by knowing all plot twists. 

You also said its OK to posts untranslated ones as well, right? Before I started learning JP, I set myself a goal to read a few untranslated VNs that I was interested it. I might as well recommend these as challenges for you: Soukou Akki Muramasa, Silverio (series), Senshinkan (series), Vermilion Bind of Blood, Mahoutsukai no Yoru, Evolimit. These are listed more or less in terms of JP difficulty, Muramasa being the hardest (and hard as ****). If you want relatively easy Chuuni, you can try Tokeijikake trilogy. I think part 1 was translated though. 

If you want to learn JP, search for DJTGuide. It is probably the best place to start. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2019 at 2:02 AM, Sparteh said:

I agree with above recommendations, especially Umineko since it is one of the best (at least my favorite), if not the best VNs out there. However, I would like to recommend you to postpone Chaos;Head for now. Chaos;Head has 2 versions: original and Noah. You can think of Noah as a full version which is supposed to fix flaws of original + adds additional routes. For now, there are English versions of Noah for ios and android, but PC patch is on the way. You might as well wait a bit till Eng PC patch is released, this way you won't lose all fun by knowing all plot twists. 

You also said its OK to posts untranslated ones as well, right? Before I started learning JP, I set myself a goal to read a few untranslated VNs that I was interested it. I might as well recommend these as challenges for you: Soukou Akki Muramasa, Silverio (series), Senshinkan (series), Vermilion Bind of Blood, Mahoutsukai no Yoru, Evolimit. These are listed more or less in terms of JP difficulty, Muramasa being the hardest (and hard as ****). If you want relatively easy Chuuni, you can try Tokeijikake trilogy. I think part 1 was translated though. 

If you want to learn JP, search for DJTGuide. It is probably the best place to start. 

Thanks for the guide (sorry for responding so late also lol) and quick question if you don't mind me asking; how long did it take for you to learn/be fluent in JP?

9 hours ago, Haro said:

Thanks for the guide (sorry for responding so late also lol) and quick question if you don't mind me asking; how long did it take for you to learn/be fluent in JP?

I am nowhere near fluent in it. To be perfectly honest, the total number of JP sentences I have ever written is exactly 0. As someone who can speak/understand 3 foreign languages, I can tell you that "fluency" is very subjective topic. First, definition of fluency differs from person to person. If you simply want to read and understand VNs relatively easy, it will depend of the novel you want to read and amount of time you spend studying. Honestly, if you want to read something like Hanahira, aka first untranslated VN for 99% of people, you might be able to do it in a week after you begun to learn JP while Muramasa or anything made by Light might take years.

My advise, learn in this order: hiragana>katakana>basic grammar (there are plenty of sources for these 3. For grammar Tae Kim is a good place)> then learn kanji (meanings only. Remember the Kanji is the most popular way. Don't bother with readings)>get hooking programs for VNs (you can do it while studying RTK) and read. Knowing kanji meanings will let you learn vocabulary faster. Hooking will save you time. In this way you can study and read at the same time. Just make sure to start with easy VNS.