Rewrite - PSP English Patch

Kamukan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The project is going to be on hold until I solve some deep personal problems and find more time to do it.

I don't have plans in drop this project, so until I get more time to do the project, I'm going to put it on hold. 

(I only have time on the weekends, so I'll try to find at least 1 hour to do half of a script. (very slow, but still on work))

Maybe in June I can get a good time to do at least the Common Route and do the others slowly. Follow the post, so when I return you guys can be adviced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm... Before i did a port of the brazilian translation to psp, and what... 80% of the translation has automatically exported to the psp script...
If you want take a try, let me see... if you use the TLBOT (generate database feature) you can generate .lst files that can be used by my "stringreloader" that when used with the test app in the same repo (SRLTracer) you can export to the .psb files of the psp version...

Well, just to you know this is more like a 'match and replace' of the english translation with the psp script, and have many lines that changed, so... if you do this you need review the entire game to fix where have a missmatch.

Edited by marcus-beta

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 6:56 PM, Kamukan said:

The entire story is all inserted, just remaining a few lines to be translated. I need someone willing to do the QC, since I don't have tim.e If you are interested, please PM me!

How different is it from Pc Version?

Would i need a real Psp or is this only for emulation? For QC/Testing?

Edited by NowItsAngeTime

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, NowItsAngeTime said:

How different is it from Pc Version?

Would i need a real Psp or is this only for emulation? For QC/Testing?

It's full voice and it haves sprites for Inoue. That's it.

No, it's just for QC. You can do it on a real psp or ppsspp.

On 31/10/2019 at 10:07 AM, Dillicious said:

It's close to being released? This is exciting news! 

Just remains the images and the QC.

Again, I really need someone to help me extracting and repack the images, if you know how to, please DM me!

• 5 months later...
On 04/05/2020 at 6:41 PM, Redth_SA said:

Has there been any progress on this project? It has been like half a year and any kind of update would be great!

Hey! Yes, we started QCing a while ago but since me and the QCer is very short with free time, it's being a slow progress. 

The scripts are all done, but we need to check and correct  the errors (there is a lot of them, believe me) and we need to translate the images.

The images are in a unknown format and we still need someone capable to extract and repack them, so it's been zero progress on the image side.

And we are recruiting QCers to help us finish this project! We only have one by now and we are really needing it. You only need to have a PSP or PPSSPP and of course, love for Rewrite. 

Thanks everyone for the patience!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 5:33 PM, Kamukan said:

And we are recruiting QCers to help us finish this project! We only have one by now and we are really needing it. You only need to have a PSP or PPSSPP and of course, love for Rewrite. 

Rewrite is my favorite story of all time! What does becoming a QCer entail? I might be able to take a look at the image extracting and repacking too but no guarantees. 

• 2 months later...

Update: more progress has been made on QC'ing, still stuck on the image translation though as previously noted. It's a rather important roadblock preventing completing of the project. Anyone willing to take a look at it is welcome to step forward, no expectations or anything :)

Edited by Skyspades

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 11/13/2020 at 9:21 PM, UnlimitedBlade727 said:

Is this project dead now ?

I hope not 

It is not dead but I have to binge study for finishing a internet course. We are a bit stuck on a bug that occurs when playing on PPSSPP. I think I will be able to start again on two weeks

I deeply apologize for not being able to keep up the pace

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...