50 translated VNs you should read before you die

Kaguya

Last time I checked your old list I had read 25/50, and now on this list it's still 25/50. Are you a wizard?

I think Tay is the only wizard-like-thingy we have here :P

Can we have a version 3.0 with full commentary for each VN and vndb links? C'mon, it'll just take you an entire month to do.

(Great list btw =p)

Sure, if you write the commentary  :lol:

Can we have a version 3.0 with full commentary for each VN and vndb links? C'mon, it'll just take you an entire month to do.

(Great list btw =p)

I'm on it, I'm on it, gimme a year, i'll do it ! yup yup.

I'm really glad Clannad is in the top 50 this time pushi pushi :3

Edit : but if you actually want to add commentary i'll be glad to do it on the few I played. It'll be biased unfortunately :P

Edited by Guest

Dysfunctional systems is an english VN, not a translated one.

I know. But I'm not one to care much about details, the "translated" part was just to assure people that they were in english. There are other VNs on this list that were also made in english  :ph34r:

I know. But I'm not one to care much about details, the "translated" part was just to assure people that they were in english. There are other VNs on this list that were also made in english  :ph34r:

There are also English VNs, much better than Dysfunctional systems, that are not on your list. Which is the reason I brought it up ;)

There are also English VNs, much better than Dysfunctional systems, that are not on your list. Which is the reason I brought it up ;)

I played through most of the english ones, and I liked DS better than pretty much all other english VNs. Though maybe that's just me.

You played Scheherazade? It's probably the best english VN I can think of, in terms of writing and depth of gameplay. Not many people know about it though, it doesn't get advertised as much as Winterwolves and Hanako because Black Chicken Studios comes more from a sim/rpg background. However, if you're looking for sim gameplay, one of the first Indie places you look is Black Chicken Studios, and if you want that gameplay wrapped in a VN exterior, you get Scheherazade.

*Ends sales pitch* :P

WOW A SECOND LIST! I FEEL SO THRILLED! I now wish I have all the time in the world. I'm not even halfway of the first list, and now there's a second one! I know some items were repeated but still AAAAAAAAAAACK! =))

I just added about 10 items, nothing much. Still, thanks <3

A little sad KiraKira didn't make it on the list this time but I'm really looking forward to reading Kamidori and Aselia~

It was either Deardrops or KiraKira, and while I like Kirakira's story better, Deardrops had a better overall score to me.

You played Scheherazade? It's probably the best english VN I can think of, in terms of writing and depth of gameplay. Not many people know about it though, it doesn't get advertised as much as Winterwolves and Hanako because Black Chicken Studios comes more from a sim/rpg background. However, if you're looking for sim gameplay, one of the first Indie places you look is Black Chicken Studios, and if you want that gameplay wrapped in a VN exterior, you get Scheherazade.

*Ends sales pitch* :P

I just watched their trailer and holy atmosphere batman! I really dig the time period and theme they went with. It shall be my next VN purchase (gotta wait for my next paycheck). 

I just watched their trailer and holy atmosphere batman! I really dig the time period and theme they went with. It shall be my next VN purchase (gotta wait for my next paycheck). 

They don't advertise the fact but there's a patch as well, which you'll need to manually apply. They not only don't advertise it, but they hide it deep within their forums, past the trap-filled passageways and behind the permanently-annoyed, 10-foot-tall troll. But you don't have to go through all that because here's a shortcut http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2477

Enjoy. It's a fab (but slightly complex) game