50 translated VNs you should read before you die

Kaguya

It was either Deardrops or KiraKira, and while I like Kirakira's story better, Deardrops had a better overall score to me.

I don't suppose you'd mind ellaborating on this?

I finished Kira☆Kira, I couldn't put it down till it was over with no sleep between start and finish, yay for insomnia....

Especially after seeing the forced bad ending for Kirari, I had to keep going despite all the lack of sleep until I finally got that good ending....

Deardrops on the other hand I just found myself losing interest as it went on and then I just stopped... Which was odd because I was on the route of my favorite character from the bunch (Tamano Rimu), did I just pick a bad route or did I abandon ship too early? If my memory hasn't failed me I stopped when:

The protagonist and Rimu had just hooked up, I stopped shortly after the first sex scene.

I don't suppose you'd mind ellaborating on this?

I finished Kira☆Kira, I couldn't put it down till it was over with no sleep between start and finish, yay for insomnia....

Especially after seeing the forced bad ending for Kirari, I had to keep going despite all the lack of sleep until I finally got that good ending....

Deardrops on the other hand I just found myself losing interest as it went on and then I just stopped... Which was odd because I was on the route of my favorite character from the bunch (Tamano Rimu), did I just pick a bad route or did I abandon ship too early? If my memory hasn't failed me I stopped when:

The protagonist and Rimu had just hooked up, I stopped shortly after the first sex scene.

I can't speak for Kaguya, but I personally felt that Kirari's ending was too forced, but you still had to play it to get the true end. I did like Kashiwara's and Chie's routes, though.

On the other hand Deardrops had 2 routes which are bad, Rimu's and Yayoi's, but you can just write them off as poorly-made fanservice routes, pretend they don't exist and only do Kanade's and Rihu's routes, since the 2 are like Deardrops' true routes.

I can't speak for Kaguya, but I personally felt that Kirari's ending was too forced, but you still had to play it to get the true end. I did like Kashiwara's and Chie's routes, though.

On the other hand Deardrops had 2 routes which are bad, Rimu's and Yayoi's, but you can just write them off as poorly-made fanservice routes, pretend they don't exist and only do Kanade's and Rihu's routes, since the 2 are like Deardrops' true routes.

Dammit, why must my favorite characters keep being side characters (Misha from Katawa Shoujo comes to mind) or bad routes (Rimu).

I must say I started Kira☆Kira disliking Kirari, but when I finally got to her route she definitely grew on me, especially with the confession scene:

KiraKiss_1994.JPG

The feels......... This one piece of CG alone probably sold me.

Dammit, why must my favorite characters keep being side characters (Misha from Katawa Shoujo comes to mind) or bad routes (Rimu).

I must say I started Kira☆Kira disliking Kirari, but when I finally got to her route she definitely grew on me, especially with the confession scene:

KiraKiss_1994.JPG

The feels......... This one piece of CG alone probably sold me.

Kind of the opposite for me, I thought I'd like her route and dislike Chie's, but it ended up being the other way around.

The confession scene WAS nice, however.

• 1 month later...

heh I missed about 3 off of this list still thanks for giving me a few more to read probably going to end up still finding someway to learn Japanese though. lol

thats crazy :lol:

go check the full list of translated VNs, maybe ull find more there...

what can i say. I owe my interest in reading to the japanese and that's the plain truth it started out with Final Fantasy II way back not quite the same thing but the point is I never would of read anything without. them lol

I shall thank you again as well a good visual novel can influence your life.  Fun fact it was actually a rather recent release called comyu Dragon In A Gentle Kingdom that convinced me to actually Join the forum. One of the routes pretty much reminded me how great forums could be if everyone just came together and shared there interest in something lol

As long as you're happy, it's fine. I had tons of fun while making this, it's great to see that so many people enjoy the list.

Sure i'm happy, I cannot die until i read them all xD, I really appreciate your post, you've saved me a lot of work and what is best I've opened my eyes to great stories thanks to you. When I started with the VN, I was a bit lost until I found this post and started reading. So I say it is my bible.

I am only recently introduced to VN's and oh my god, if all are 30 hours long like Virtue's Last Reward, this list will keep me for my life! Thanks for this! (Is this stickied?)

Some of them are shorter and some are longer, but most take about that for your average VN reader.