50 translated VNs you should read before you die

Kaguya

Is Flyable Heart translated? I saw it a good while back and was very interested, but according to VNDB the patch is not out yet. If it is translated I still have the raw files on my computer, and would appreciate a point in the right direction to find the patch. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/161-flyable-hearts-fan-translation/

There is also an entry for it in Fuwanovel's list. You may not like the translation, it is not for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the first day you posted this Kaguya, I've been powering through visual novels in my free time.  Out of those 50, I have 39 of them done (that's including ones that I had done before you posted the list).  My eyes hurt, both from staring at a screen, and the tears that have escaped my eyes.

There is no greater compliment than this!

Tay's answer is mine as well on this. There is nothing better than knowing that my work on making this was so appreciated~

I love you man! This list is awesome, when I have the time, I'll hopefully be able to download and play these 40-ish games. Played some on the list already. Just hope that I will still have time to play, what with my work that needs so much doing >_<

Tough work is tough. I hope you can read all of them~

so many visual novels to play... so little time....

Nah, try to enjoy them at your own pace. I wouldn't recommend pushing through VN after VN without having some experience.

Also, almost 9000 views O.o

this sure have escalated a lot, huh. Can't say that I'm not happy about it, though~

Some things are missing, though.  Please check.

Da Capo, Shuffle, Canvas 2 are missing.

Mirai no Kimi to Subete no Uta ni is missing.

I guess Brighter than Dawning Blue is missing b/c it's not finished yet.

I put Da Capo there, though it was the 2. Oh well, most people would try the first one before, anyway.

Sorry, but I don't think Shuffle and Canvas deserve it. They're good, but not that good. Mirai Kimi no Subete is an alter of Flyable Heart from what I remember, so if they like flyable heart  that much they'll play it anyway.

Well, suffice it to say that my tastes differ wildly from yours.

OTOH, I'm feeling too lazy to make my own list right now...I've got other fish to fry.

Edit:

I think I might have a clue as to why...seems to me that I need irresistable character artwork + the heroines themselves must make me fall in love with them (or whatever you want to call it in the fictional world).  If that doesn't happen...

Edited by zoom909

• 2 weeks later...
Guest madoka12345

Uh

School Days HQ

I can name like 50 more than can replace this.

I can disagree with a lot more but those would just be my very "unpopular opinion".

But school days is a whole different story.

Uh

School Days HQ

I can name like 50 more than can replace this.

I can disagree with a lot more but those would just be my very "unpopular opinion".

But school days is a whole different story.

Why should someone read School Days HQ? I've been on the fence about buying it for a while now, so any opinion on it is welcome. 

Guest madoka12345

Why should someone read School Days HQ? I've been on the fence about buying it for a while now, so any opinion on it is welcome. 

IT sucks, has the worst heroines possible, its not even a VN in the first place, go watch the anime.

The protagonist is the biggest douche bag that has ever existed.

Don't believe me? go look on VNDB threads.

IT sucks, has the worst heroines possible, its not even a VN in the first place, go watch the anime.

The protagonist is the biggest douche bag that has ever existed.

Don't believe me? go look on VNDB threads.

It was made to be like that, so I wouldn't really call it a weakness.

It is a VN, though. I can't see why call it something else.

And come on, those bad endings are great~

Guest madoka12345

It was made to be like that, so I wouldn't really call it a weakness.

It is a VN, though. I can't see why call it something else.

And come on, those bad endings are great~

It is a Monstrosity that should never have existed. I couldn't stand more than 2 endings, it was some of the worst games I ever played.

And if you call it a vn, just add choices to animes and its a vn

It is a Monstrosity that should never have existed. I couldn't stand more than 2 endings, it was some of the worst games I ever played.

And if you call it a vn, just add choices to animes and its a vn

That's about likes and dislikes. I can't please everyone with one list~

The writing isn't flawed, as they made the game to be like that.

And I don't see how adding animation to a VN makes it stop being a VN.

Guest madoka12345

That's about likes and dislikes. I can't please everyone with one list~

The writing isn't flawed, as they made the game to be like that.

And I don't see how adding animation to a VN makes it stop being a VN.

Novel

Novel

There is the "Visual" aspect, though. To a lot of people, adding  music, pictures and voice would make something stop being a "novel". The game tells a story, which is the "novel" aspect. Sure, if you want to nitpick on semantics it may be so, but I don't think it's much different from your average VN. It's also on vndb (though granted, VNDB is flawed, putting things such as Melty Blood or the Ace Attorney games)

Guest madoka12345

There is the "Visual" aspect, though. To a lot of people, adding  music, pictures and voice would make something stop being a "novel". The game tells a story, which is the "novel" aspect. Sure, if you want to nitpick on semantics it may be so, but I don't think it's much different from your average VN. It's also on vndb (though granted, VNDB is flawed, putting things such as Melty Blood or the Ace Attorney games)

Well with clowns such as Gabe, it is no surprise.

Anyway, I won't stop destroying your thread so I won't continue.

Sorry.

I think the characters in School Days are supposed to be unlikeable, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the characters get what's coming to them, though its a pretty bland game apart from the 4 bad ends, I had to slog my way through the 21 endings and it really wasn't worth it, it's also incredibly glitchy.

I'm glad to see Higanbana was on the list, not many people seem to have played and both games are excellent.

I think the characters in School Days are supposed to be unlikeable, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the characters get what's coming to them, though its a pretty bland game apart from the 4 bad ends, I had to slog my way through the 21 endings and it really wasn't worth it, it's also incredibly glitchy.

I'm glad to see Higanbana was on the list, not many people seem to have played and both games are excellent.

Higanbana is too awesome to not put on the list. It's one of my favorite translated VNs~

B)