Chaos;Child Steam release next week!

Seraphim

Steam page:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/970570/CHAOSCHILD/

With that said, I figure I’ll take this opportunity to ask for some clarification!

I’ve been looking forward to reading Chaos;Child ever since Committee of Zero released their patch at the end of June last year, but I’ve been putting it off in order to read Chaos;Head Noah first, since Chaos;Child apparently spoils that.
I’m growing more and more restless, since it might take a long time for Noah to be translated and I’m really hyped for Chaos;Child, so I’m currently considering reading the original Chaos;Head instead.
What I’d like to know is: Are there any vital plot-related differences between Chaos;Head and Chaos;Head Noah, or is Noah just meant to bring some extra content for the fans of the original? I heard that Noah has a revamped True Ending and changes to the story, among other things.
If I read the original Chaos;Head and then Chaos;Child, will Child spoil anything from Noah that isn’t in the original (like the revamped True Ending, for example)?

Edited by Seraphim88

Thanks for answering!

I got a pretty in-depth answer from some guy on Reddit, and I'll go ahead and post it here in case anyone else is confused.

"Just play Chaos;Head is enough, since Noah only have additional details for characters development and better experience, the main plot is still the same. So yeah Chaos;Child only spoils the main plot, i'd recommend you just go for Chaos;Head then shift to Chaos;Child instead of waiting for Noah. Chaos;Child is just so good it's such a shame to be missed.
Chaos;Child only gives some general information on the true end. So Chaos;Head alone would be more than enough. And since Noah mostly only provides additional details for the original game without any significant change in the plot, you can always read Noah again when it's released after you read the original Chaos;Head."

On another note, Committee of Zero have made an announcement regarding the Steam release of Chaos;Child:

"Committee of Zero here. We're porting our Chaos;Child patch over to Steam, and it will have additional fixes. Also, we want to release this one on Steam as soon as possible, so don't worry about it taking a long time like the S;G 0 one."

Well like everyone say you can just read original Chaos Head to understand the plot point, and even if you didn't play Chaos Head first I think you can still understand Chaos Child story enough. But still I think it would be the best if you can play Chaos Head first, so that you can understand the reference at Chaos Child later.

As for the Steam release, what I can say is congratulation for the release at five days later, and it's good for them that Steam didn't banned this blindly (Must be because of the murder case). That said, the release was redundant to me though seeing that we already have fan patch for PC version, but if you want to buy it at the cheaper price than you can look forward to Steam release. The reason was because if we want to apply the patch legally we need original PC version copies and PSV version script, so essentially you'll need to buy those two version if you want to to play non-Steam version and obviously by buying two version it mean that it'll be more expensive compared to Steam edition.

Edited by littleshogun

Awesome timing, I just started reading Chaos;Child via patch about a week ago. If I'd known that they'd release it on Steam now, I'd have waited. :amane:

Though, judging by the picture here in the Steam screenshots, they didn't translate the names of the talking character, which is a bit disappointing to be honest. Anyway, I'll still buy it.

Regarding Chaos;Head, I'm fine that I didn't read it (or to be precise, I dropped it early because of whiny Takumi). The protag in Chaos;Child isn't supposed to know what was behind those murders - only that they happened. So the immersion is bigger because no info is spoiled and the revelations will probably also turn out more interesting that way.

If we visit the Steam store page (Once again it's good that Chaos Child wasn't banned like HGB), we should knew that we have Chaos Child unlocked there. Go get the VN from Steam store if you still didn't play the console version or PC version, and have fun.

PS - Looks like they really milking Steins Gate here (I understand though it's 5pb's survival instinct), because they add the sentence 'From the creators of Stens;Gate' at the vde begnnng.

6 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Is the trigger system meaningless and just a waste of time? They dont seem to bring anything to the story. Heard all route relevant choices appear somewhere at the end.

No idea where you heard that from. There are specific points where you have to change your triggering (going from all positive to all negative and vice-versa), but the trigger system indeed determines the route you're going to.

2 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Spoiler:

Hide contents

I don't really do bad endings so i went for Hinae's normal ending. It ends up with Takura getting stabbed to death and her going completely insane. Is this truly the normal end or did i do something wrong? I can't imagine the bad end being much worse.

No you did nothing wrong. That's how Hinae's route is supposed to end.

15 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

But then why on earth does those routes have both good and bad endings?

Iirc, the only difference between Hinae's Bad End and Normal End is the epilogue. The former doesn't have it, while the latter has it. 

The other routes have more notable differences between the bad ends and the normal ones though; it's only Hinae's route which is the exception.

Edited by wei123

8 minutes ago, wei123 said:

Iirc, the only difference between Hinae's Bad End and Normal End is the epilogue. The former doesn't have it, while the latter has it. 

The other routes have more notable differences between the bad ends and the normal ones though; it's only Hinae's route which is the exception.

So her bad end gives you the impression that everything went well?

39 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

So her bad end gives you the impression that everything went well?

Spoiler

Certainly, having the protagonist die is unusual, and I wouldn't say that "everything went well", but he at least managed to protect the person he loved (even if that person in question ended up being insane). If you're worried about the random protagonist deaths again, then you don't have to worry, because you won't be seeing any of those in the future if you stick to the normal ends.

Edited by wei123

15 minutes ago, wei123 said:

Hide contents

Certainly, having the protagonist die is unusual, and I wouldn't say that "everything went well", but he at least managed to protect the person he loved (even if that person in question ended up being insane). If you're worried about the random protagonist deaths again, then you don't have to worry, because you won't be seeing any of those in the future if you stick to the normal ends.

Spoiler

I'll be honest. That ending sequence felt ridiculously forced. That self sacrifice we saw there is so incredibly cliche, and the insanity part felt too unrelistic. Well, i know you don't confess to a girl while you're bleeding out and dying, thats a bit sick in its own way as it will traumatize that person, if feelings are mutual. And thats a bit of the problem, she wasnt traumatized like a regular human being, she went batshit insane.

I dont mind if i have to suffer through some shit as long as the true ending isnt so bad that the others pale in comparison. Like kara no shoujo.

But i certainly hope the true end doesnt feature a more grown up and gritty chuuni fantasy like the common end ended up being. So disappointed after how epically tense and exciting the route was up til chapter 9 or 10.

45 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Uki:

Reveal hidden contents

Does she have 2 full routes or is it just the ending of it? Walkthrough said i just need to read one. But if its just some difference at the end ill read both

I don't remember which different triggers activate each, but the only difference is the ending.