Akai Ito translation recruitment and news

Okami

I recently started reading VN Aoishiro and I think that it is a very great VN, so I was very disappointed to find out that the translation of Akai Ito VN of the same series as Aoishiro was dropped 3 years ago. However the good news is that some parts of the translation are left in a text format on website of a dead project, so I am planing to take it and copy/paste it into actual scripts. But to that I first need help of a hacker who will take out that scripts and then I need a translator/s and editor/s who are willing to work on untranslated parts. I think it is quite the shame for this project to be left unfinished as it is very unique VN series that has a mix of great plot and pure & cute Shoujo-AI romance.

Some details about Akai Ito:

VNDB

Age rate: 15+

Genres: Drama, Romance, Supernatural, Shoujo-AI, Light horror,

Plot:

To arrange the inheritance because of the loss of her mother, Kei Hatō heads for her fathers house in Hemizuka. In the train on the way there, Kei has a mysterious dream of a huge tree and a woman who seems to be lost in sadness. In the land of Hemizuka, Kei learns the secret concealed in her own blood through various meeting with an Oni Slayer, a friend of her late mother, a young girl accompanied by a white fox, and even the mysterious girl from her dreams.

Screenshot:

[spoiler]9245.jpg9242.jpg42887.jpgwater%20dress%20flowers%20blue%20eyes%20

Hi Okami,

I posted several tools for the PC Akaiito trial some time ago on this topic: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/1200-unfinished-project-akaiito-trial/

Repository URL at https://github.com/mchubby/akaiito_tools and instructions are included.

I haven't really tested if reinsertion for PS2 script is possible, but extraction of PS2 archive is 100% compatible as it seems the PC trial was a functional port ,albeit non feature-complete code port.

Engine is similar to the one in aoishiro (see http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.net/2013/08/aoishiro-text-patch-to-fix-the-horrible-font/

HTH, you can AMA if necessary.

• 3 months later...

ClaymoreSmiley is a translator for this project and he will start translating soon. For now there are only original 5938/32121 lines translated. The project has been on staled for a while because Lola1224 and Zohar have gone dark and I was unable to contact them so project didn't have any translators until ClaymoreSmiley volunteered recently. True, we could always use more translators if anyone is interested. We don't have any editors in the team, but everything that had been translated in the past is already edited. If anyone is interested this position is open too.

As soon as some progress is made I will post a news about it here on Fuwa.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I can try my hand at being an editor. I don't have any experience with visual novels... but I do edit/proofread my peers' English essays quite a bit. (does that even count?  :blink:) English is my native language, so I do understand it properly.

I think I can try my hand at being an editor. I don't have any experience with visual novels... but I do edit/proofread my peers' English essays quite a bit. (does that even count?  :blink:) English is my native language, so I do understand it properly.

That is great, we already have a few files that are translated and in need of editing, I am just waiting for translator to send them to me. I will PM you once I have them, or if you prefer you can send me your email in a PM and I can email them to you.

Well, it's been some time from when we started this project but just thill recently it was on staled and now we have first updates.

We started from this point where translation was originally dropped.

Translated & Edited

Lines 5938/32121
Scripts 119/602
Presents 18.5%/100%

And now we have translated 132 more lines, and this is our current progress:

Translated:
Lines 6070/32121
Scripts 122/602
Presents 18.9%/100%

Edited:

Lines 5938/32121
Scripts 119/602
Presents 18.5%/100%

I will be giving updates in this topic in the future.

If anyone wishes to help in this project helps is welcome.

93 lines more translated, and 132 lines edited.

Our current status is:

Translated:
Lines 6163/32121
Scripts 124/602
Procents 19.1%/100%

Edited:
Lines 6070/32121
Scripts 122/602
Procents 18.9%/100%

This is our group:

Project Organizator - Okami
Translator - ClaymoreSmiley
Editor - itsJazz
Hacker - REtransInternational

• 3 weeks later...

Not much work has been done lately, but we are slowly moving forward.

55 lines translated and 93 lines edited from last update.

Our current status is:

Translated:
Lines 6218/32121
Scripts 125/602
Procents 19.3%/100%

Edited:
Lines 6163/32121
Scripts 124/602
Procents 19.1%/100%

• 3 weeks later...

Translated:
Lines 6260/32121
Scripts 126/602
Procents 19.5%/100%

Edited:
Lines 6260/32121
Scripts 126/602
Procents 19.5%/100%

New translator allamsct joined as so progress will probably get speeded up a little.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You aren't the first one, trying to fully TL this game; this project was dropped with a reason.

Akai Ito was originally released in 2004 for PS2. Trial version was made available for the PC; Success never released a full PC version, though there were plans for that. An almost full TL was done by Zohar and available as a script form, based on the original PS2 version of the game. At one time, there were even plans to hack the original PS2 version and create a translation people would be able to inject themselves, just by creating a new copy from the original disc. Unfortunately, it was dropped due to the immense technical difficulties.

There is a small chance, the game could be reverse-engineered into a full PC port by using the PC trial version, but there's an issue - the PC version is an incomplete port. I doubt it's actually possible to do anything except than injecting TL'ed scripts into the PS2 version. If I remember correctly, Zohar dropped that idea out of respect for the creators. I haven't heard about any other attempts since the last group failed with that.

You aren't the first one, trying to fully TL this game; this project was dropped with a reason.

Akai Ito was originally released in 2004 for PS2. Trial version was made available for the PC; Success never released a full PC version, though there were plans for that. An almost full TL was done by Zohar and available as a script form, based on the original PS2 version of the game. At one time, there were even plans to hack the original PS2 version and create a translation people would be able to inject themselves, just by creating a new copy from the original disc. Unfortunately, it was dropped due to the immense technical difficulties.

There is a small chance, the game could be reverse-engineered into a full PC port by using the PC trial version, but there's an issue - the PC version is an incomplete port. I doubt it's actually possible to do anything except than injecting TL'ed scripts into the PS2 version. If I remember correctly, Zohar dropped that idea out of respect for the creators. I haven't heard about any other attempts since the last group failed with that.

Those Informations are incorrect.

Zohar was the only one who was trying to translate this VN in a past and he never had a hacker with him, which is why he made a web translation,  this project was dropped, stalled and picked up a few times already but it was all Zohar and Zohar alone he never had any hacker with him.

Zohar never planned to make a full TL of Akai Ito in the first place. I wrote why. Everyone who used his scripts, did that without his knowledge or consent, and Zohar never approved of hacking Akai Ito; that's why the TL he made was available only in a script form. A lot already tried, but no one ever managed to fully reverse-engineer the trial, nor inject the TL into PS2 version of the game. The project was always stalled because every group that picked it up couldn't get past the technical difficulties.

I don't doubt it's possible now to use the PC trial as a base and reverse engineer the PS2 version, but the game itself has way too many menus and functions to make it an easy job and certain functions were never available in the trial version. It means you will either have to find a viable way to inject them from PS2 version, or drop them.