Akai Ito translation recruitment and news

Okami

Zohar never planned to make a full TL of Akai Ito in the first place. I wrote why. Everyone who used his scripts, did that without his knowledge or consent, and Zohar never approved of hacking Akai Ito; that's why the TL he made was available only in a script form. A lot already tried, but no one ever managed to fully reverse-engineer the trial, nor inject the TL into PS2 version of the game. The project was always stalled because every group that picked it up couldn't get past the technical difficulties.

I don't doubt it's possible now to use the PC trial as a base and reverse engineer the PS2 version, but the game itself has way too many menus and functions to make it an easy job and certain functions were never available in the trial version. It means you will either have to find a viable way to inject them from PS2 version, or drop them.

Or we can simply create a patch that works fine with PS2 version and run it via emulator like PCSX2.

84 lines have been translated and submitted, there is more that isn't submitted yet.

Translated:

Lines 6344/32121

Scripts 128/602

Procents 19.7%/100%

Or we can simply create a patch that works fine with PS2 version and run it via emulator like PCSX2.

84 lines have been translated and submitted, there is more that isn't submitted yet.

Translated:

Lines 6344/32121

Scripts 128/602

Procents 19.7%/100%

That's already been partially done before . Only the Yumei path and parts of the Uzuki one were patched with English though 

http://akatranslations.wikispaces.com/file/view/Readme.txt

http://www.mediafire.com/download/evnb00kbcjprynt/AkaiIto%5BEN%5D_Yumei_Patch.rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How everyone doing so far? It's been month so i'm guessing still busy with the game? Don't know how far you are right now. Just here to say great work and keep going because I really want to play this masterpiece too like the first game. Too bad I don't know japanese but then again I don't need it in real life I'm afraid. 

One translator has gone MIA so we are now down to only 1 translator. There is some progress from last update but not much, we decided to wait with updates until we have something more to show. In the mean time we are also searching for a new translator to replace a missing one.  It probably won't be finished any time soon but we will see it till the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This project has always suffered from a lack of the right combination of people to finish it: when Zohar translated it, they didn't have a hacker to put it in the game; when I worked on the Yumei patch, I didn't have a translator or editor to do the heavy lifting and I wasn't able to complete it due to Real Life (ie. college). I dropped the project sometime in mid 2011 after realizing it wasn't possible to finish this alone.

I did make contact with Zohar back in early 2011. The general feeling I got was that they were interested in working with me to finish the Sakuya route and produce a PS2 translation, but unfortunately, I was too busy to continue the project when they contacted me.

If people are still actually working on this project, let's finish this project for once and for all.
EDIT: progress is here -> http://bit.ly/1Q4IaD1

We never found a new translator so without a translator we couldn't do anything and the rest of the group fallen apart. I still have the scripts true, both full JP ones and 20% Eng ones and am willing to give them to anyone willing to continue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2016 at 11:27 AM, Okami said:

We never found a new translator so without a translator we couldn't do anything and the rest of the group fallen apart. I still have the scripts true, both full JP ones and 20% Eng ones and am willing to give them to anyone willing to continue.

That's such a shame, after reading the VN I got interested but it looks like the project hasn't had the best luck. It's good to know you still have the files and you're willing to share them with anyone who'd be willing to finish it, I hope such people show up in the near future. ^_^

On 2/9/2016 at 4:47 PM, Forgetful Frank said:

That's such a shame, after reading the VN I got interested but it looks like the project hasn't had the best luck. It's good to know you still have the files and you're willing to share them with anyone who'd be willing to finish it, I hope such people show up in the near future. ^_^

Well good news are that Shizuka combined all projects up till now and currently he said there are only a bit over 2K lines to be translated and he is willing to make a patch when that happens. So if there are any translators interested in helping bring this to end contact Shizuka. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So, Zohar's translation at  http://art-tech.arts.ufl.edu/~kmcgo/Akaiito/  appears to be down as of 0 - 19 days ago (when I last accessed it). Does anyone maybe have a backup or something so I can continue reading it? ;_;

PS: My skills and time are limited, but maybe I could be of some help with translation.

Edit: Nevermind, it's up again. For now. Would be good to know if someone has a backup though.

• 5 months later...

Could it be possible to promote the project on fuwanovel so we could get a translator to translate the 2k remaining line and maybe even an editor. I ripped the website of zohar translation and made an offline html link zipped :  https://mega.nz/#!fYpFmBLZ!6dpf2SdEJKTUvTaNOz5D8d2WllRv96Xi8NYj9Z9DQPA

Edit : You should use the help from this topic for getting some translator and editor and qc : 

Edited by HerbalNekoTea

21 hours ago, HerbalNekoTea said:

Could it be possible to promote the project on fuwanovel so we could get a translator to translate the 2k remaining line and maybe even an editor. I ripped the website of zohar translation and made an offline html link zipped :  https://mega.nz/#!fYpFmBLZ!6dpf2SdEJKTUvTaNOz5D8d2WllRv96Xi8NYj9Z9DQPA

Edit : You should use the help from this topic for getting some translator and editor and qc : 

Already tried that and for over a year no reliable translators showed up, and that was when fan translation was a lot bigger deal then it is now.

Shizuka has posted a patch for other 4 routes that are translated and a notice that s/he is searching for translator to finish the translation of last route so if there is anyone interested they can contact him/her.

Well if nobody shows up I might eventually do it myself when my Japanese gets better but as Akai Ito uses a bit more difficult Japanese that won't be anytime soon (For the very least not in 2017).