1. 1. Favourite VN store

• Steam
    • MangaGamer
    • JAST
    • FAKKU
    • Denpasoft
    • Nutaku

7 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Whoa... was that DRM DMM game player by any chance? As the standard soft denchi DRM used on DMM is very light and non-intrusive.

1) You install the program, (which won't be running in the background; it will just record your license keys, then unlock the game. This only needs to be done once and you don't need to interact with the actual soft denchi program directly, ever.)

2) Run the game after installing, and if it is your first time playing this game, log in with your DMM account and ... boom. Done. You never have to deal with DRM for that game again.

It's possible you DLed the incorrect version of soft denchi, or that there was an error when you installed it etc. Normally, you shouldn't even notice it's there at all. (DMM game player is a whole different kind of evil, though. We don't speak about that shit.)

DMM game player, yes. It's evil.

Rather than no mosaic, I would say that their tendency to produce hardcopy for every release was the reason of why JAST was slow on release VNs (Only four at 2018 compared to Mangagamer in which they almost manage to release a VN once per month). As for topic, let's just say that if I ever want to purchase the VNs then I would buy it from Steam even with some of their questionable decision recently.

3 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

"No mosaic anywhere in sight" also meant that Sekai, instead of JAST, got Baldr Sky. I appreciate JAST's dedication to no mosaics policy, but sometimes, that leads to bad outcomes.

You can prioritise what you like, and I'll go on prioritising what I like.

I been using Steam since 2013, and I still enjoy using it for both games and visual novels. I love having a library, how much time I played something, achievements, trading cards, and there are always sales. I always like getting giftcards and sometimes I would get a gifted game. So in other words Steam is my favorite vn store.