33 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite VN store

• Steam
    • MangaGamer
    • JAST
    • FAKKU
    • Denpasoft
    • Nutaku

Dunno really... I get most of my VNs on Steam, cause I like playtime-counter and general "library" functionality, but if there's something that isn't there, I buy either from MG or JAST. I find JAST to be really nice, the payment process at MG is a bit convoluted. Didn't use the others - ah, bought JP version of "One" from getchu, but that's all.

JAST since their games are DRM Free similar to GOG.COM, MangaGamer is a little confusing to use but I kinda visit their website from time to time. Steam is shit... 

Overall I prefer to purchase digital games on GOG.COM, JAST USA and MangaGamer... They're the only best options I guess :sachi: 

Steam, then Mangagamer. 

There's been a lot that's been said about Steam and VNs and how it's not the best platform for them, but personally I like the features it provides. Cloud saves for when I want to reread parts of it, easy downloading and installation, and things like playtime tracking and the overlay (so I can chat with friends) make it worthwhile to buy from there. There are a lot of VNs available too.  

As for Mangagamer, I like that they have licenses for several companies whose VNs I like (Moonstone, Minori and others), and I like that they offer physical copies. Their support team is also really wonderful and extremely helpful. 

Edited by snowbell55

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

Its either that or never getting to read it at all. I know what i choose.

Fair. After all, beggars can't be choosers. As someone who knows this very well, I am with you on this.

39 minutes ago, kokoro said:

Why, yes!

I want every "kamige" to be ruined so that I can quit this shitty medium.

But you'll never quit this shitty medium, and we both know that xD

There will always be a "kamige" not yet ruined by a translation :D

36 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

DMM! :meguface:

Yeah, gotta love that hyper-invasive DRM that somehow managed to bluescreen my computer once <_<

But, uhh. Steam is the easiest to buy things on and to play things from, so I guess that's my answer. They all have their obvious drawbacks, not least of which is the fact that there is no one-stop shop...

3 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Yeah, gotta love that hyper-invasive DRM that somehow managed to bluescreen my computer once <_<

Whoa... was that DRM DMM game player by any chance? As the standard soft denchi DRM used on DMM is very light and non-intrusive.

1) You install the program, (which won't be running in the background; it will just record your license keys, then unlock the game. This only needs to be done once and you don't need to interact with the actual soft denchi program directly, ever.)

2) Run the game after installing, and if it is your first time playing this game, log in with your DMM account and ... boom. Done. You never have to deal with DRM for that game again.

It's possible you DLed the incorrect version of soft denchi, or that there was an error when you installed it etc. Normally, you shouldn't even notice it's there at all. (DMM game player is a whole different kind of evil, though. We don't speak about that shit.)