Peria Chronicles - upcoming anime mmo.

glupak

Overview that I copied:

Peria Chronicles is an anime and JRPG-inspired sandbox MMORPG developed by South Korean developer Thingsoft and published by Nexon. Focused on unbound interaction, Peria Chronicles features content creation, building and sharing, along with themes such as companion/pet collecting, party-based combat and storytelling.

The game has been in development for at least 7 years now. No news as of lately but they did skip g-star (last year I believe) because they wanted to focus on making the game rather than working on a demo.

From what I understand the combat is going to be card based and you'll have a summon that will fight for you/alongside you. One of the focuses is player created content (quests,maps) - there are videos on that you should check it out. The character creator is pretty good too. A korean release is expected first and then a NA and EU one I believe.  No release date yet.

Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler

Videos:

Spoiler

Character creator:

Edited by glupak

Mmm, I'm not sure if this'll be my kind of game based on my previous experience with Nexon's Mabinogi. That game was very pretty, and even had a few interesting gameplay ideas like the Compose skill, but the skill grinding pretty much ruined it for me (and this was back when I was more tolerant of grinding mechanics). I'll keep my eyes on it for the time being, but I'm not expecting much.

Funny that you posted this, someone I was talking to brought it up again last night. I've been waiting for this game since it was announced originally, I'd like to see the game actually release... And then of course who knows if it will even release in NA. It took over 3 years for Nexon to even release Maplestory 2 in NA, and that game is the sequel of their darling cash cow.

• 2 weeks later...