Romance VN with poetical and good quote MC

Prideful

So i want a mc that actually know how to talk and has good quote or poetic, and not getting embarrassed by anything. And i want the heroine to have a "reason" to like our mc since im getting sick with harem girls. Any genre should work but no gore and horror please. Thank you 

Edited by Prideful

15 hours ago, Silvz said:

Have you tried playing KEY games? I'd recommend Clannad and Air. I also see that you haven't read Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, and from your list on VNDB this is the best option for what you are looking for.

seems promising, gonna try it. thank you.

It's not a primarily romance VN, but Narita Shinri in Hello Lady is about as poetic as you can get for a protagonist.  The girls fight falling in love with him, but they generally have good reason for it (with the possible exception of Eru). 

Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas... the protagonist is articulate, and the heroines have good reasons for falling for him.  However, he is also a trap.

Tenshi no Hane o Fumanaide... The heroines generally have a good reason for falling for him, and he is pretty articulate.  However, yet again, he is a trap.   (for some reason, trap protagonists in mostly serious games tend to be more articulate than the average protagonist, probably because they have to take care with their speech)

Edit: tbh, most straight SOL game protagonists just aren't articulate... lots of airheads and barely human people.  Tsukommi protagonists are more likely to be articulate, but those were the three I thought of off the top of my head. 

3 hours ago, Clephas said:

It's not a primarily romance VN, but Narita Shinri in Hello Lady is about as poetic as you can get for a protagonist.  The girls fight falling in love with him, but they generally have good reason for it (with the possible exception of Eru). 

Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas... the protagonist is articulate, and the heroines have good reasons for falling for him.  However, he is also a trap.

Tenshi no Hane o Fumanaide... The heroines generally have a good reason for falling for him, and he is pretty articulate.  However, yet again, he is a trap.   (for some reason, trap protagonists in mostly serious games tend to be more articulate than the average protagonist, probably because they have to take care with their speech)

Edit: tbh, most straight SOL game protagonists just aren't articulate... lots of airheads and barely human people.  Tsukommi protagonists are more likely to be articulate, but those were the three I thought of off the top of my head. 

hmm maybe gonna try Hello Lady since i dont really like trap, thanks for your reply

Ou no Mimi ni wa Todokanai's protagonist is articulate and intelligent.  The girls all have good reasons for falling for him (mostly because he is all-around capable and clear-thinking, though he generally fakes being lazy during the day). 

Tsuisou no Augment is another good choice, though the protagonist is something of a chatterbox (internally and externally).  The heroines definitely have solid reasons for falling for him, but the drama in the heroine paths is pretty gritty, so be prepared.

Semiramis no Tenbin is another one where the protagonist is intelligent and tends to be decent at articulating his thoughts.  Honestly, this one might give you some trouble, because, while the heroines have good reasons for falling for him (except Sunao, who I suggest you skip for the sake of your mental health), the paths several of the heroines take to get to that point are pretty twisted and warped.  I will warn you that some of Semiramis's characters tend to have extremely cynical outlooks when it comes to romance, and some of the events can lead to cynicism when it comes to romance.

Ojou-sama no Hanbun wa Ren'ai de Dekiteimasu has a great protagonist from your point of view, and it fulfills the latter condition (even if the main heroine's reason is a bit twisted and wrapped up in other emotions).  However, I need to warn you in advance that he sleeps around a lot and can be amoral in the pursuit of his goals, so, despite the title, don't expect a pure SOL game.  I know you said you don't like traps, but I went ahead and mentioned this one.

Campus's Uso series.  Mmm... the protagonist in this one, because of his hangups involving lies, is a careful and thoughtful speaker.  At the same time, the heroines fall for him for solid but varied reasons, usually involving their personal hangups.

Note: Because of the nature of finding heroines that actually have good reasons for falling for the protagonist, most charage are automatically knocked out of the running, lol.  I'm not including ones where the sole reasons the heroine likes him is because they are osananajimi or because he sits next to them in class or some BS like that.  Also, I'm avoiding ones where 'love at first sight' is an issue.  For that matter, where there is an imouto who just blindly loves her oniichan.

Liarsoft VN's might fit the bill since they are known for their poetic prose and their protagonists are usually more mature. Ourai no Gahkthun would be a good read, though Neon and Tesla share the protagonist role. Sekien no Inganock has a very good male protagonist, but the story is weaker and the visuals are rather dated.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:18 AM, Clephas said:

Campus's Uso series.  Mmm... the protagonist in this one, because of his hangups involving lies, is a careful and thoughtful speaker.  At the same time, the heroines fall for him for solid but varied reasons, usually involving their personal hangups.

What does this mean? Does it mean outside of lying, he's not very articulate? Is there something that you think OP might not like this protagonist?

Edited by MegaHP3