Why is no one talking about the Dracuriot leak?

Codesterz

12 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Could you elaborate on what "it" is? Since it's not talked about anywhere, how would we know about it? :P

Mainly the releases existence in general.  Hell in the description for the release there is this little quote "This patch was released without official permission ahead of time". From my understanding sekai had received the full translation for the VN earlier in 2018 and they still haven't managed to officially release it.

8 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

From my understanding sekai had received the full translation for the VN earlier in 2018 and they still haven't managed to officially release it.

lol This is nothing - MangaGamer has now finished translations for three Rance games lying around and is doing nothing with them. And the fourth one is already in translation. :leecher:

4 minutes ago, Antera said:

By "that" you mean Neko tacking all Yuzusoft Projects (ones that Sekai licensed) ?

I find it funny that it took so long for an official English localization company like nekonyan to show up. They seem to understand their target audience better than the rest of them. Though this is only true for their VN selection. Now they just need to fix their translations/editing problems. It should be pretty obvious that most of their target audience wants less Americanized translations.

1 hour ago, Codesterz said:

How is there no discussion about this here or the VN reddit? I can't be the only one laughing their asses off at Sekai. I only just found out about it and my mood went from meh... to giddy schoolgirl(I'm not actually a girl).

because it´s already been quite some while. people who wanted used the beta/gamma(?) patch and read it, those who didn´t will wait until whatever date of release.
basically saying almost all hype there been for this title in past years died down in the meantime. Not to mention them taking an extraordinary amount of time getting 2 yuzusoft ones out, tenshin ranman seems to be iceboxed though, which probably soured relations with ys. 

Edited by SaintOfVoid

Just now, SaintOfVoid said:

because it´s already been quite some while. people who wanted used the beta/gamma(?) patch and read it, those who didn´t will wait until whatever date of release.
basically saying almost all hype there been for this title in past years died down in the meantime.

Sekai is heavily to blame for this though. They should have understood that and aimed to release as fast as possible instead of putting it in the icebox. Hell the title I'm looking forward to the most from them is still in the icebox(Tenshin Ranman).

11 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

Sekai is heavily to blame for this though. They should have understood that and aimed to release as fast as possible instead of putting it in the icebox. Hell the title I'm looking forward to the most from them is still in the icebox(Tenshin Ranman).

iceboxing titles does no neccessarily mean the end, stealth-canceling these is the real genocide of hopes (looks at kikokugai...)

Edited by SaintOfVoid

18 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

lol This is nothing - MangaGamer has now finished translations for three Rance games lying around and is doing nothing with them. And the fourth one is already in translation. :leecher:

Wished they released at least two VNs a month. 

6 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

Sekai messed up way to hard.. Instead of completing projects they kept taking more and more... 

1 minute ago, Antera said:

Sekai messed up way to hard.. Instead of completing projects they kept taking more and more... 

Agreed. I worry NekoNyan may fall victim to the same thing as well. There has been a lot of announcements coming from a group that has only released 2 titles so far.

4 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

Agreed. I worry NekoNyan may fall victim to the same thing as well. There has been a lot of announcements coming from a group that has only released 2 titles so far.

Neko seems like is keeping up with their schedule. I believe they will do fine. unlike Sekai they have better communication with community. As you said they have better understanding what customers want 

33 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

I am waiting for that game since ages, only dreaming hopefully once can play it, Sekai surely making the wait as long as possible.

6 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Yep agreed. Neko seems to do just fine on that front. Now i just hope the steam thing wont sink their ship.

I don't think steam will have huge negative effect (if they continue censorship). I believe most VN publishers view steam as bonus rather then main source 

8 minutes ago, Antera said:

I don't think steam will have huge negative effect (if they continue censorship). I believe most VN publishers view steam as bonus rather then main source 

I remember Nekonyan saying that it wasn't that big of a deal with titles that aren't that big like Hello, goodbye, but that something big not getting through to steam will be really bad since big titles cost a lot to license, pretty sure if Aokana doesn't get released on steam it will screw them over a lot. Smaller titles should be sustainable on publishers own platform to my understanding, but the popular ones simply won't be profitable if they don't release them on steam as well.

41 minutes ago, Antera said:

Lets hope then, that Steam will relax their policies and stops random banning of VNs. And also makes clear guidelines of what is allowed and what not

For that to happen it probably requires another outrage from anti censorship people, though so far the titles that have been banned from steam have not had enough of a following to cause the same kind of outrage Nekopara and Huniepop did. As long as they target things that are niche I doubt there will be a large enough backlash for them to stop banning random VNs.