Suggest me a VN with a protagonist, and heroine like in Flowers -Le Volume sur Été-

MegaHP3

No, I'm not talking about sexual orientation. I'm talking mainly about the protagonist, and the heroine's dynamics. Their short-comings, and how they cope with it, but also how those shape their interactions and their persons. The world around them, and their friendships. As well as how it uses some of their personalities to set up specific moments for emotional impact. Honestly, I also liked the dialogue as well. I need something like that. The characters are both sharp, and smart. Not in the usual "I'm 12, and I'm smart" kind you usually see in Chuuni VNs. I also hate moeges, always a waste of time.

27 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

That's a bit hard to say honestly Flowers dos is pretty unique in that regard, which is quite a shame.

The closest ones I can think of are Campus Notes - Forget Me Not. (The cast is in college, and the dialogue is very smart) G-senjou no Maou,

and I guess Steins;Gate (Haven't finished it)

I have played G-senjou no Maou. The game is rather pretentious as some characters will talk over each other just so the author demonstrates that they're "smart" like bringing up quotes, or a saying that is so out of place and doesn't relate to the topic, simply for the sake of having quotes. Not deeply well thought out, and sometimes don't make sense if you just give them a minute of thought.

Really, most of the romance titles I have read have the protagonist, and the heroine falling for each other, a simple crush. Which is fine in real life, but it is boring to read especially without events happening. Moeges especially have a weird train of dialogue, not really how people speak to eachother. Some of the characters will just feel like badly programmed robots who have been fed quotes, or sayings to say at random. Example It was impossible to truly determine the single greatest moment of your life until you were looking back on things from your deathbed, of course. But I was sure everyone had wished for similar at least once

It's common to read VNs with backwards logic where a heroine will beat the protagonist, berate him for his stupidity, then the cast will make the leap of logic that they like each-other. It is especially obnoxious if the heroine is just unthinkably selfish, stupid,  self-servant, and down-right gullible. People find gullible appealing, and "cute." But unless characters grow out of that phase, and develop, I dislike it. The characters feel static.

I want something like the love relationship in Flowers Sur Ete, the two heroines feel like they feed off of eachother. Negatively, or positively. They love each other for a reason, and are willing to give a piece of themselves for the other person. It does feel like they were made for each other, true love.

Edited by MegaHP3

14 hours ago, MegaHP3 said:

As far as I am aware, Umineko is an romance-less story?

If by romance you mean having to pick choices/routes in order to get a girl, no, it's not like that.

There is, however, romance, love, but I would be spoiling the experience for you if I explain how this romance is developed. I garantee, though, that everything you requested here is present in Umineko. The whole game is well developed, and considering your critics about G-senjou, I think that you will enjoy Umineko a lot.

On a side note, I would also recommend you reading the Cartagra/Kara no Shoujo games, which are from the same company that created Flowers. Have in mind, however, that it they are focused on the mystery and gory aspects of the murders that compose the narrative.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 3:42 PM, MegaHP3 said:

No, I'm not talking about sexual orientation. I'm talking mainly about the protagonist, and the heroine's dynamics. Their short-comings, and how they cope with it, but also how those shape their interactions and their persons. The world around them, and their friendships. As well as how it uses some of their personalities to set up specific moments for emotional impact. Honestly, I also liked the dialogue as well. I need something like that. The characters are both sharp, and smart. Not in the usual "I'm 12, and I'm smart" kind you usually see in Chuuni VNs. I also hate moeges, always a waste of time.

Maybe the last chapter of ef.

12 hours ago, Silvz said:

If by romance you mean having to pick choices/routes in order to get a girl, no, it's not like that.

There is, however, romance, love, but I would be spoiling the experience for you if I explain how this romance is developed. I garantee, though, that everything you requested here is present in Umineko. The whole game is well developed, and considering your critics about G-senjou, I think that you will enjoy Umineko a lot.

On a side note, I would also recommend you reading the Cartagra/Kara no Shoujo games, which are from the same company that created Flowers. Have in mind, however, that it they are focused on the mystery and gory aspects of the murders that compose the narrative.

I quickly scanned the tags for the game and didn't see a romance tag, I guess I was wrong. (It was small, so that's probably why I didn't see it.) 

12 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Extreme spoiler from the suggestion except flowers as im not interested in lesbian relationships, so be warned.

Hide contents

Only Cartagra from those have a good conclusion for the romance.

Then I'll also pick Cartagra. It looks intriguing.