Your once in a lifetime VN

Prideful

• 1 month later...

Mmm, this is hard, Dramatical Murder is for me, in the sense of being the first visual novel I read complete and even helped me to refine my very basic english, as I'm not a native speaker of it. Even Ace Attorney could do because of the emotional attachment to how it developed since the first case across the entire triology and latter games.

But as life changing experience, is definitely Umineko no naku koro ni, because it changed my vision of how to tell a story, how to narrate and showed me a world of endless possibility towards vn, the multifaceted characters, the real world issues like misogyny, gender identity and mental illness treated with so much care and thought into them. The spectacular narrative from chapter 1 to 8. Nothing will ever compare to how special is Umineko to me, everything about it is great, for me is even one of the best literary works I've ever read.

I've played many brilliant VNs (you can check my VNDB for myĀ short opinions on every one of them). ButĀ there are only threeĀ that are truly special and "once in a lifetime"Ā for me.

I can't describe with words how much they mean to me and how much I love them, but I'll say a few words for them.

Chaos;HeadĀ - The overall atmosphere was unique. I liked the MC very much. The suspense parts were wonderful.

euphoriaĀ - I didn't know anything about it until I started playing it. I thought that it would be some generic nukige. I literally cried when I played it.Ā I became attached to almost everything in it. I loveĀ the plot. I loveĀ the atmosphere. I love the soundtrack. I love the art style. euphoria will stay in my mind forever.

Swan SongĀ - I can't put my finger on exactly why I like it so much.Ā It's just specialĀ for me. It has a unique atmosphere like the other two. I don't think that I'll ever get to play anything like it.

The funny thing is that they all have flaws (some of them are major).

Edited by Mago Ivo

16 hours ago, Mago Ivo said:

I've played many brilliant VNs (you can check my VNDB for myĀ short opinions on every one of them). ButĀ there are only threeĀ that are truly special and "once in a lifetime"Ā for me.

I can't describe with words how much they mean to me and how much I love them, but I'll say a few words for them.

Chaos;HeadĀ - The overall atmosphere was unique. I liked the MC very much. The suspense parts were wonderful.

euphoriaĀ - I didn't know anything about it until I started playing it. I thought that it would be some generic nukige. I literally cried when I played it.Ā I became attached to almost everything in it. I loveĀ the plot. I loveĀ the atmosphere. I love the soundtrack. I love the art style. euphoria will stay in my mind forever.

Swan SongĀ - I can't put my finger on exactly why I like it so much.Ā It's just specialĀ for me. It has a unique atmosphere like the other two. I don't think that I'll ever get to play anything like it.

The funny thing is that they all have flaws (some of them are major).

sorry to derail this thread, but I have been wondering for a while now... how can you comment on VNs on VNDB?

Sorry again, I finally found out how it works (check a VN on your list and choose 'Set note')

Edited by AustriaVNFan
found out myself

On 1/1/2019 at 4:11 AM, Freestyle80 said:

Uhm, Grisaia Trilogy I guess

Esp the first installment was a breath of fresh air at the time i read it, gave an MC thats actually proactive and reliable for onceĀ 

100% this, absolute masterpiece.