So, How Was Your Christmas?

mitchhamilton

My mother had pinkeye, my nephew and sister-in-law had the flu, and my aunt essentially said 'don't come if you are going to bring your pinkeye-infected mother'.  In the end, we had to make the decision between my mom and my faraway relatives, so no great food this time around...

2 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

So you slept for 22 hours?

Yes, I barely slept at all the week before and was on the verge of collapsing at the time.

I had to prepare a presentation in crystallography and make corrections on weekend on short notice which increased my workload to about 17 hours per day for 1 week there was no time for sleep.

I went to a long holiday dinner with my family and my Brother's in-laws on Christmas Eve. It was very nice, although not really a favourite way of spending time for a socially-anxious person like myself. I'm also ill, so I politely said I'll have to stay home for the next few days, so I wasn't moped into a few other never-ending gatherings.

And so on the first and second day of Christmas, I've first played a short otome VN and then started euphoria. And I'm probably going to finish it today, or at least reach all the good endings beyond the Kanae's/True End. Truly a game that channels the Holiday Spirit. ^^

Not one of the memorable ones that's for sure, my mom got sick, gave me a scare but luckly by night time she started recovering. The only fun/good thing was after she felt better i rewatched Nanoha The Movie 2nd A's, that movie, i absolutely love it, especially watching during the winter holidays.

3 hours ago, sarkasmus said:

Yes, I barely slept at all the week before and was on the verge of collapsing at the time.

I had to prepare a presentation in crystallography and make corrections on weekend on short notice which increased my workload to about 17 hours per day for 1 week there was no time for sleep.

Damn. That sounds tough. Hope you feel better now though :)

All the while drunk and high, I gave my cousins xmas presents. Then I gave my aunt a charm for the bracelet she received from her sons. The charm symbolizes a promise I made to her last year. 

Before that, I bought “LadyKiller in a bind” for my friend. I had a feeling that they would love that VN.

I bought another friend 1 TB external hard rive. 

I even wrote a post on the CoC, but it’s gone now. I think 🤔 it was hidden because it looked too meme-y. Or maybe I just didn’t write it all. I wear everything felt dreamy. 

12 hours ago, Clephas said:

My mother had pinkeye, my nephew and sister-in-law had the flu, and my aunt essentially said 'don't come if you are going to bring your pinkeye-infected mother'.  In the end, we had to make the decision between my mom and my faraway relatives, so no great food this time around...

Ouch, that sucks.

Back at 24th I went to church with my father at the afternoon and then both of my mother and my brother went to church at night, and one day after that (At 25th) I went to church alone at the morning. After I'm back from the morning church, the that the four of us were having big luch at the restaurant. So other than my sister is still absent seeing that she's working in Malaysia, nothing too special.