Need a VN with drama.

VaroOP

11 hours ago, VaroOP said:

I am talking about the kind of Drama you find in WA 2.
The opposite of stuff like Hatsukoi 1/1. 
Thank you. 

I'd recommend you to elaborate on exactly what type of drama you want. Not everyone here played these two games, you know. And are you looking for drama based on romance, or just on human relationships in general?

12 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

I'd recommend you to elaborate on exactly what type of drama you want. Not everyone here played these two games, you know. And are you looking for drama based on romance, or just on human relationships in general?

Drama based on romance.  Alright let me elaborate. 
The kind of drama where one particular route isn't a one on one deal. 
We have our protagonist and other male characters, we have our main heroine and other female characters too. 
So when you are playing the route for that particular heroine everything isn't smooth sailing. We have trust issues, love triangles,jealousy and all kinds of negative shit that comes with romance. 
In a VN like Hatsukoi 1/1 once you are in the route of a particular girl other female characters are as good as your sister. 
On the other hand in WA 2, whatever route you choose its never a one on one affair. 

6 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi

Maybe not precisely what you want:  Tsuisou no Augment

Oni ga Kuru

Natsuzora no Perseus

Tsumi no Hikari Rendezvous

It is truly a shame that none of the VNs you mentioned have an English patch yet. 
Looks like the first one is getting an official one soon from Mangagamer tho. 

I'll look forward to that while continuing hapymaher. 

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, VaroOP said:

It is truly a shame that none of the VNs you mentioned have an English patch yet. 
Looks like the first one is getting an official one soon from Mangagamer tho. 

I'll look forward to that while continuing hapymaher. 

Thanks!

np... to be honest, there just aren't that many VN companies that do that kind of relationship chaos outside of Minori occasionally doing so on a whim.  I dunno if it is translated, but I seem to recall Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (a spinoff of the Muv-luv series) having some serious relationship chaos...

27 minutes ago, Clephas said:

np... to be honest, there just aren't that many VN companies that do that kind of relationship chaos outside of Minori occasionally doing so on a whim.  I dunno if it is translated, but I seem to recall Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (a spinoff of the Muv-luv series) having some serious relationship chaos...

Oh I recall watching an anime of the same name. 
After a simple google search looks like it does have a English patched VN. 
Thanks again!
I have the Muv-Luv series on Steam. 
Not started yet because looks like Muv-Luv alternative is the awesome one and you have to play the two mediocre games before it just to understand alternative. :P
Btw for now I found this randomly on nyaa. 
Its more of an eroge and super short :P 
https://vndb.org/v13249

Edited by VaroOP

3 minutes ago, VaroOP said:

Oh I recall watching an anime of the same name. 
After a simple google search looks like it does have a English patched VN. 
Thanks again!
I have the Muv-Luv series on Steam. 
Not started yet because looks like Muv-Luv alternative is the awesome one and you have to play the two mediocre games before it just to understand alternative. :P

Oh, add Soreyori no Prologue to the list of Minori VNs that might fit what you want (it was the one I thought of first, for the way it handles the first part of the game).

12 minutes ago, VaroOP said:

Wish Mangagamer starts translating VNs from minori man. :P 

I hate to say it, but it is really hard to think up recommendations for stuff this specific that have been tled.  One of the reasons I go ahead and list all the ones I can think of including untranslated is so that you have that information (and everyone else does too) if you ever decide to learn Japanese (or it becomes possible to download languages into our brains from the internet). 

Edit:  Incidentally, I will gladly undergo the surgery for such an implant if it is developed.

Just now, Clephas said:

I hate to say it, but it is really hard to think up recommendations for stuff this specific that have been tled.  One of the reasons I go ahead and list all the ones I can think of including untranslated is so that you have that information (and everyone else does too) if you ever decide to learn Japanese (or it becomes possible to download languages into our brains from the internet). 

I plan to get into Machine Learning and AI in the near future. Let's hope that AI can take over tl jobs and make it super fast. :P 
Since google hasn't done it yet we are from it.(probably :P )
I think about learning Jp a lot but I simply don't have the time!  
Thanks for your recommendations man. Always appreciate it ! 
This thread will definitely help people who are looking for this stuff! :P 

21 hours ago, VaroOP said:

Drama based on romance.  Alright let me elaborate. 
The kind of drama where one particular route isn't a one on one deal. 
We have our protagonist and other male characters, we have our main heroine and other female characters too. 
So when you are playing the route for that particular heroine everything isn't smooth sailing. We have trust issues, love triangles,jealousy and all kinds of negative shit that comes with romance. 
In a VN like Hatsukoi 1/1 once you are in the route of a particular girl other female characters are as good as your sister. 
On the other hand in WA 2, whatever route you choose its never a one on one affair. 

But... that's just uncommon. Usually when you are into a given girl's route, it's all about her. Maybe there's another character if there's a love triangle or a rivalry (like "that girl" in Little Busters).

Bringing extra characters into a route pumps up the playing hours tremendously, so it's unusual.

13 hours ago, Okarin said:

But... that's just uncommon. Usually when you are into a given girl's route, it's all about her. Maybe there's another character if there's a love triangle or a rivalry (like "that girl" in Little Busters).

Bringing extra characters into a route pumps up the playing hours tremendously, so it's unusual.

Well to be honest I am just looking for a replacement of White Album 1. 
The setting of that VN goes like the MC being in a relationship already and then xyz happening. 
So ya well I am aware of the fact that VNs of that kind are rare but that's why I am looking for them! :P 

Well in Dal Segno you have a couple of support characters that pop up like in every route, but they're there just to help you. Also some of the girls in your dorm may appear.

In If my heart had wings, I think that the regular cast appears in every route since you all are doing a combined effort. This is less true in A sky full of stars, but it's also there.

It's just that those characters behave like normal people and acknowledge when you score yourself a gf. For an in-route love triangle, try A sky full of stars.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki (SakuSaku) has some really nice drama with all the routes, except for Mio's (I honestly don't remember what happened in her route) . You do get stuff like love triangles and the ilk, but I can't really say much about the drama without spoiling the novel so you'll just have to take my word for it :P

Edited by ImNiceWithRice

1 hour ago, ImNiceWithRice said:

I think Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki (SakuSaku) has some really nice drama with all the routes, except for Mio's (I honestly don't remember what happened in her route) . You do get stuff like love triangles and the ilk, but I can't really say much about the drama without spoiling the novel so you'll just have to take my word for it :P

Bit of a love triangle-ish with a serious siscon character.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:19 AM, ImNiceWithRice said:

I have had this one installed on my PC for ages!! Just not been playing it because I remember not liking the very start of this particular VN. :P

As for Damekoi aka Sekai de Ichiban dame na Koi, it did have same writer as WA2 so you can treat that as WA2 prototype expect instead of 18 yo schoolboy you'll going to get 28 yo man who was fired from his work and get divorced. And since you play Konosora, might as well recommend both of Miagete (No sex scenes though) and Umikana. You can also try Yurirei, although it's a yuri VN though. I hope that my recommendations here would be helpful to you.

• 3 weeks later...