Rice, what do you use it for?

Happiness+

Once every month I boil a bunch and spread it on a table, let it cool and the grains separate. I put a wooden frame around the grains, play around with them, make patterns as my fingertips slowly grow sticky with starch. After a while of this ennui takes me, and I start breaking up the patterns, scattering the grains where they will, making a chaotic, amorphous field of it all - it reminds me of how the TV set used to look when you got the wrong channel, back in the days before cable. And I think to myself, looking at that chaotic, amorphous blob: this still makes more sense than Fuwanovel's moderation standards.

I've used it to attempt to recover sodden electronics. Was only partially successful. Guess that's what you get when you drop your phone down the toilet. :shrug:

I've also been known to eat it, usually with other foodstuffs.

Sometimes I find some variety of it in my shoe locker and use it to cast Hamaon.

47 minutes ago, 1P1A said:

One time during finals I had bought a big 5kg bag of white rice, and when I entered my apartment I had snagged it on something--the whole bag poured onto my carpet. I collapsed, starting sobbing, and made a "snow" angel.

I do not miss school.

I will never understand why they package something with so much potential to make a mess in something as weak as a bag. That goes double for flour where the mess potential is even worse and the bag is even weaker.

On 12/16/2018 at 11:39 PM, tahu157 said:

I will never understand why they package something with so much potential to make a mess in something as weak as a bag. That goes double for flour where the mess potential is even worse and the bag is even weaker.

Cheap material for cheap products is more profitable. Not so good for the consumer though lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...