Craving a good tsundere

Luiginico

Well, something in between. There is some story attached to give "reason" to those scenes, and they happen after the events of the routes, so in that sense they are "afterstories" ;) But yeah, still mostly for fanservice. Thanks to that nothing is lost in all-ages version when it comes to routes themselves :D You just don't get that one option in the menu.

Edited by adamstan

About Chrono Clock, currently I'm stuck on Makoto's route here so perhaps it would be better if I can replay it again in near future. As for the recommendations, I think Miu from Dracu Riot could be a good tsundere for you. Other than Miu, there's Esteel from Yoake, Riho from Deardrops, and Hotaru from Supipara. I hope that my recommendarions here would be helpful to you in case you still didn't play those yet.

Ah yeah, I liked Asumi too, but was a little afraid to mention it, as HdR seems to be even more divisive than Chisato's route from KoiChoco ;)

40 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Others have already listed the two I would have recommended from To Heart 2 ;)

You're welcome :D 

On 17.12.2018 at 12:14 AM, Corrupted said:

Aiess from Majikoi A2 is legendary.

Also, robot girl. Don't know why, but I have soft spot for them. Just remembering "Planetarian" or Ame's ending from "DalSegno" still makes my eyes moist :rubycry:

Edited by adamstan

37 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Ah yeah, I liked Asumi too, but was a little afraid to mention it, as HdR seems to be even more divisive than Chisato's route from KoiChoco ;)

I have a real soft spot for HdR. Not sure if it has aged well but it really hit a nerve when I played it when it first came out. I should replay it to see if it still works for me. I do remember hating all the epilogues though (especially Asumi's.)

16 minutes ago, ittaku said:

I have a real soft spot for HdR. Not sure if it has aged well but it really hit a nerve when I played it when it first came out.

I read it in May, and I'd say it holds up. For me it had painfully slow start, but it was just in the very beginning. Once it gained momentum, it was good. I was only disappointed by Namiki's side route - I liked her as character, but her route was pure fanservice.

If you plan to replay it now, remember about sound fix:

On 15.05.2018 at 8:47 PM, adamstan said:

To have sound on Win7 (and upwards probably) you have to download "imaadp32.acm" codec and put it inside game directory. Otherwise it will complain that the system cannot play ADPCM and there will be no sound. Same goes for Heart De Roommate and other similar games from that era.

Also, running it in fullscreen mode with upscaling is neccessity, as in modern resolutions 640x480 window is so small, that reading becomes eye-straining.

Edited by adamstan

31 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I read it in May, and I'd say it holds up. For me it had painfully slow start, but it was just in the very beginning. Once it gained momentum, it was good. I was only disappointed by Namiki's side route - I liked her as character, but her route was pure fanservice.

If you plan to replay it now, remember about sound fix:

Also, running it in fullscreen mode with upscaling is neccessity, as in modern resolutions 640x480 window is so small, that reading becomes eye-straining.

Well I play everything on linux so I'm used to "getting things to work" for VNs. I recently bought HdR and downloaded it because I felt guilty that I played it by sailing the high seas over a decade ago, and it's an absolute bargain. So the archive is sitting there waiting for me to see. I do recall an extremely long common route, but once you get that out of the way and save it you can go straight to each heroine's route. I think I'd only play Asumi's route through again: my first tsundere crush :P

Izumi from Clover Day's is my all time favourite tsundere, but I need to do something in the future to bring that project back to life for people to play it in English.

9 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Izumi from Clover Day's is my all time favourite tsundere, but I need to do something in the future to bring that project back to life for people to play it in English.

That would be really nice :mare:  Meanwhile I'm already preparing to read it untranslated - wonder what will happen first ;)

Edited by adamstan

• 2 weeks later...

Riho from Deardrops is a realistic tsundere. She's not harsh because hurr durr, she has real problems getting along with people.

Kei from Ef, on the other hand, is abuse because abuse.

Kyou from Clannad is your regular somewhat angry student girl, but the transition from tsun to dere is very well done, one of the better tsunderes under the sun. Also being surrounded by dorks like Sunohara makes her angst pretty much understandable.