Trying to edit an August game

So I am trying to edit an August game (Fortune Arterial) and tried using the script extraction tools in the thread. BGI tools did work, while Ethornell Editor would not compile no matter what I followed. Has anyone used it and made it work that has a guide to correctly set it up?(And yeah I messaged the creator but figured this might help as people may have figured out what I couldn't.) Thanks!

Edited by medianman123

I've had a lot of success using SharpDevelop for building C# projects off of Github, as opposed to Visual Studio which has never compiled anything I've ever thrown at it. I just tested it on Ethornell Editor and it worked. The exe shows up in EEGUI/bin/debug

Doesn't look like the editor has any support for adding new lines though so I hope you don't need to do that.

3 hours ago, tahu157 said:

Doesn't look like the editor has any support for adding new lines though so I hope you don't need to do that.

Damn, since the font in Fortune Arterial is variable across the game the Kanji size is a fullwidth character while an english character is halfwidth which makes the text be placed weirdly when it's a longer sentence. So that means new lines are needed. Ugh, August games suck to edit.

Edited by medianman123