Song of Saya getting official novelization and continuation by Ootsuki Suzuki

Rain Spectre

1 hour ago, Happiness+ said:

Eh.... I loved Song of Saya AS a Visual Novel. Making it into a novel is pointless, plus urobuchi isn’t writing it.... <_<

What's even the point of writing a continuation anyway? Literally the entire story was resolved by the time it was finished, and it would require some insane plot gymnastics to continue. Hell, that's what I consider one of its major strengths, despite the short length, the whole work feels fully cohesive and natural. 

1 hour ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Eeeeh... definitely not interested in this.

*Looks at the other things Ootsuki Suzuki wrote*

Wow, now I'm even less interested, never thought it was possible!

Why Ootsuki was picked I have no clue. 

4 hours ago, Rain Spectre said:

What's even the point of writing a continuation anyway? Literally the entire story was resolved by the time it was finished, and it would require some insane plot gymnastics to continue. Hell, that's what I consider one of its major strengths, despite the short length, the whole work feels fully cohesive and natural. 

Why Ootsuki was picked I have no clue. 

It wasnt. Wether saya died or not in one of the endings is up for debate. It could be continued as if she survived. No point in a sequel if she's dead.

Spoiler

"Up for debate if she died"? Both endings 2 and 3 make it pretty clear she died, especially in Ending 3 which explicitly describes her not moving. Saya isn't immortal, it's made very clear her survival skills is because her body is able to shrink and expand at will (which Dr Tanbo negated by freezing her). Literally the only ending she survives in would be Ending 1, and that would be an especially dumb ending to continue from  because that basically stops the plot halfway in.

Also, someone on Discord suggested the idea of the continuation being Demonbane fighting Saya, and that is too amusing an idea not to mention here.

Edited by Rain Spectre

12 hours ago, Rain Spectre said:
  Hide contents

"Up for debate if she died"? Both endings 2 and 3 make it pretty clear she died, especially in Ending 3 which explicitly describes her not moving. Saya isn't immortal, it's made very clear her survival skills is because her body is able to shrink and expand at will (which Dr Tanbo negated by freezing her). Literally the only ending she survives in would be Ending 1, and that would be an especially dumb ending to continue from  because that basically stops the plot halfway in.

Also, someone on Discord suggested the idea of the continuation being Demonbane fighting Saya, and that is too amusing an idea not to mention here.

Spoiler

If i dont remember wrongly it was just stated that she gave birth and never actually stated that she died. And like i said, why continue without saya? Would be a pointless sequel.

Edited by Stormwolf

Clearly you weren't paying attention to the dialogue, because it's quite clear she died in childbirth. It wouldn't make sense for her live anyway, especially if you know what Song of Saya is actually modeled on story-wise (Hint, it isn't Lovecraft). 

As for the sequel being pointless, trust me, that's a question we all have.

I really don't get it what is the point of this sequel in the first place. Sounds just like a cash grab like Code Geass new movies are. The only way that I see in which they can make it work story wise is using world after one of Saya's routes, but that wouldn't make it a sequel, but rather just shared world.

10 hours ago, Rain Spectre said:

Clearly you weren't paying attention to the dialogue, because it's quite clear she died in childbirth. It wouldn't make sense for her live anyway, especially if you know what Song of Saya is actually modeled on story-wise (Hint, it isn't Lovecraft). 

As for the sequel being pointless, trust me, that's a question we all have.

Ohh really? Find me that line which states that she is dead. If it's not explicitly stated it can be twisted into a different ending for a sequel. Nothing that havent been done before.

On 12/12/2018 at 1:48 PM, Stormwolf said:

It wasnt. Wether saya died or not in one of the endings is up for debate. It could be continued as if she survived. No point in a sequel if she's dead.

Spoiler

No she dies in one of the endings. she turns into spores that transform the rest of the world into monsters.