Greetings, humans

Alexis96

So uh... As you can see, I'm very, very new //doesn't even have a profile picture yet, desu

And you can call me Alexis.

As for VNs, uh...

I'm actually kinda new to them. I stumbled upon the world of VNs after playings lots of RPG and otome games and the like, most of which are horror.

I found this site interesting cause *if I'm not mistaken* I've seen it quite a number of times while searching for games. And since I'm getting interested in VNs, well, I thought, let's register, why the heck not? I'm hoping to add to my VN stash here  :D

That's all from me, folks.

Oh, a newcomer.

Hello. I'm Kaguya. So, you're new to the world of VNs, right? Hm... how to corrupt this poor soul how to help this new gentleman....

RPGs, huh. Try Sengoku Rance, Daibanchou or Kamidori Meister. The first two are strategy RPGs, the other is more of a common RPG, and they're all visual novels at the same time. You'll probably like it~

Horror... Try Phenomenon. Or Corpse Party. Well, there are quite a few, but I guess this is ok of suggestions to a beginner.

Well, I really hope you enjoy the forums. Also, have some Kaguya as a welcome

OiDi8Y9.jpg

Edited by Kaguya

Horror... Try Phenomenon. Or Corpse Party. Well, there are quite a few, but I guess this is ok of suggestions to a beginner.

Well, I really hope you enjoy the forums. Also, have some Kaguya as a welcome

I am playing/reading Phenomenon :D In fact, I just posted a thread for help since something's going on with it... T_T

Corpse Party... I've played the PSP and watched the anime, Corpse Party also has a VN? O.o I'm checking it out!

Welcome to the forums! Have you played any VNs yet? And if so, which one has been your favorite?

More like watched tidbits of very few VNs. My cousins play them. The only VN I have is Phenomenon and Saya no Uta (which I 'fear quit' due to 'scenes' I did not expect to see). That is, if otome isn't counted as VN...

I apologize if I got it wrong. Like I said, I'm pretty new T_T

Generally, I like horror. Phenomenon seems interesting.

Hello and welcome. If you are looking for new VN's to read, you have come to the right place. I can probably help you of you want any school life, comedy, romance type things. That's what I play the most. Other than that, enjoy your stay.

I'm partial to school life and romance, well, as long as they're interesting and not too cliche, that is. I do enjoy comedy :D Comedy suggestions would be awesome

Hi Alexis, welcome to the forums..

I am playing/reading Phenomenon :D In fact, I just posted a thread for help since something's going on with it... T_T

Corpse Party... I've played the PSP and watched the anime, Corpse Party also has a VN? O.o I'm checking it out!

Well that Corpse Party for PSP is the Corpse Party VN :D

I'm partial to school life and romance, well, as long as they're interesting and not too cliche, that is. I do enjoy comedy :D Comedy suggestions would be awesome

Try Grisaia no Kajitsu, the MC is really funny.

Welcome to the forums, i hope you enjoy your stay here and you can love VNs as much as everyone else here does.

If you're looking for a new and interesting Visual Novel that won't shock you or anything I agree with Stanleys, Little Busters! Is one of the best out there and also my favorite Visual Novel and the one that got me into VNs.

Besides that i can also recommend Hoshizora no Memoria which is also a great start if you've never played a lot of VNs.

And if you like horror you always have Higurashi no Naku Koro ni although it's a Kinetic novel and you don't have any choices to make in the game it's an amazing story filled with mystery and horror.

Recommendations aside, what's your favorite genre or what's the thing you look for when searching for a VN? (like romance, horror, comedy, etc.)

Well that Corpse Party for PSP is the Corpse Party VN :D

Eee? It's the VN? T_T whoa, there's still a ton I don't know about VNs... What makes something a VN anyways?

If you're looking for a new and interesting Visual Novel that won't shock you or anything I agree with Stanleys, Little Busters! Is one of the best out there and also my favorite Visual Novel and the one that got me into VNs.

Recommendations aside, what's your favorite genre or what's the thing you look for when searching for a VN? (like romance, horror, comedy, etc.)

Thanks for the welcome ^_^ and like I said, I like horror stuff, mystery is also nice. I am also VERY, VERY picky when it comes to their art style. If it looks old school or too chibified-ish, it would need to be a whole lot interesting, otherwise I just can't bring myself to read/play/watch it.

I like romance as a second genre, I also like comedy, a little tragedy here and there is nice.

Also, for shocking stuff, I can't watch stuff which are TOO shocking like The House, for example (sorry I can't think of anything else T_T) because of a, um.. health problem but ones which don't utilize a megaton of jumpscares and sudden (VERY) loud noises like Corpse Party are fine.

Thanks for the welcome ^_^ and like I said, I like horror stuff, mystery is also nice. I am also VERY, VERY picky when it comes to their art style. If it looks old school or too chibified-ish, it would need to be a whole lot interesting, otherwise I just can't bring myself to read/play/watch it.

I like romance as a second genre, I also like comedy, a little tragedy here and there is nice.

Also, for shocking stuff, I can't watch stuff which are TOO shocking like The House, for example (sorry I can't think of anything else T_T) because of a, um.. health problem but ones which don't utilize a megaton of jumpscares and sudden (VERY) loud noises like Corpse Party are fine.

Hoshizora no Memoria has quite the unique artstyle if you ask me, i does have some simple Chibified CGs in some stances but they're very short and momentarly, considering the novel is over 50 hours long.

It's not horror but i think it's pretty dramatic torwards the end of each route, especially the true route, and even though it's very romance oriented it's an amazing storyline that i don't think would let anyone down.

And then Little Busters is even more dramatic and mysterious once you get into it more near the end. I just couldn't bring myself to dislike any of these

Well Higurashi doesn't posess those jumpscares don't worry, it's just a normal novel, the thing that you might not like is you can't make choices on it, it's literally just a visual novel with a linear storyline that you read. I think the sequel has some choices but the first game does not. But even if you don't play the novel at least you have the Anime which is a horror gem and it was better story wise than corpse party if you ask me.

I can't really recommend more because i rarely get into horror VNs, not that i dislike horror, on the contrary but when i think VNs i always think of touchy romance and light hearted stories and as a result i never played a lot of horror VNs. Nonetheless i hope you can enjoy these VNs if you ever do get to play them.

I think that you may like Rewrite. Rewrite does have a lot of the school life, romance aspects, but once you get off of the common route and onto each characters route, there is a dramatic change of pace. The drama and mystery starts to take place. And the terra and moon routes are absolutely amazing. Plenty of mystery, drama, and suspense. I think you would love it.

Welcome! If you're looking for a few classic VNs along those interests, I'd recommend Katawa Shoujo, Planetarian, or the other suggestions made here. Poke around the front site -- there are a lot of good ones!

Waa, thanks a bunch for the warm greetings, guys  :lol:

I'm gonna try out every recommendation. Unfortunately, I'm often busy so I might not be able to get it all... T_T

Continue saya no uta when you feel you're able. It's really good :P

Nyeee DX well I'm trying to muster up the courage. All my other friends are playing rated stuff, and I'm the only one able to take the maddest/most insane things, but for some reason I can't get myself R 18 //ahem// scenes, even heavily censored ones, odd eh  :blink:

By the way, I can't wait to get friends~  :D  

Waa, thanks a bunch for the warm greetings, guys  :lol:

I'm gonna try out every recommendation. Unfortunately, I'm often busy so I might not be able to get it all... T_T

Nyeee DX well I'm trying to muster up the courage. All my other friends are playing rated stuff, and I'm the only one able to take the maddest/most insane things, but for some reason I can't get myself R 18 //ahem// scenes, even heavily censored ones, odd eh  :blink:

By the way, I can't wait to get friends~  :D  

H scenes, huh. If you dislike them, just press control. They'll be finished in a few seconds~

Saya is great and it would be a pity to see you drop it because of such a small matter. Specially since Saya has incredibly small H scenes compared to other VNs.

H scenes, huh. If you dislike them, just press control. They'll be finished in a few seconds~

Saya is great and it would be a pity to see you drop it because of such a small matter. Specially since Saya has incredibly small H scenes compared to other VNs.

yeah they are small, but they are the most hardcore H-scenes i have ever read (and Kyousuke's seiyuu is there! what a trauma), but anyway Ef was harder i had to shut my computer up, i couldn't take all the moaning.

EDIT: nevermind the moaning (nah, don't do it) the sounds they made while kissing or doing some other H-related stuff, damn that was traumatic >.< that was the first time a h-scene made go doki doki~

alexis if you ever read Ef... turn off the h-scenes

I'm not a fan of H-scenes, either.  Luckily, there's a lot of great all-ages VNs out there.  Additionally, many western-made VNs (OELVNs) like Katawa Shoujo are starting to have options to turn off the adult content.  There's plenty of options out there -- it just takes a little looking!