Avengers: Endgame Hype Thread

LemiusK

That's right. The title of Avengers 4 has finally been released... alongside its official trailer. A very morbid, somber trailer.

Sigh. And so, here we are. With nothing but our wit and our will to save the world.

I kinda knew that the trailer's gonna be morbid, but damn, the feels. :rubycry: I got a bad feeling that Cap's gonna bite it this time, considering how Evans' contract is almost up. Sigh... It's been a good ride, Cap.

It's kinda appropriate that the trailer doesn't have as flashy or epic of an atmosphere as the Infinity War trailer. The melancholic tone really fits. Things are going to come to an end here. Some characters probably won't return, period... including Stan Lee, with his final cameo. R. I. P. :nico:

Hawkeye looks absolutely badass. I already knew he was coming back after his strange absence, and I'm glad he's back, but damn... he looks rather jaded and mortified. I have a feeling his family was one of those "snap" victims. He's looking vengeful, even.

Alright, forget about Captain Marvel. BRING ME AVENGERS 4! lol May 3rd is a long wait... but I read that the release date has been pushed A WEEK EARLIER! April 26th, baby! Nice, nice, though I hope that this earlier release applies to my country too. :P April 26th is actually not too long after Captain Marvel (March 8th), and it's kinda like how Infinity War's release date was that close to Black Panther's release too.

Anyway, big hype everywhere! Probably gonna post my review here on Day One of release date!

Edited by LemiusK

eeeew, looks like one of them normie movies. gross. :tears:

but really, im hyped for this. you bring up captain marvel and its honestly weird to have her in the avengers movie so late into the game. we got ant-man back in an official avenger movie which he has been hyped up since like 3 years ago. nothing against cm but yeah, just weird to have her introduced the same year as what seems like the last movie for the op avengers.

14 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

but really, im hyped for this. you bring up captain marvel and its honestly weird to have her in the avengers movie so late into the game. we got ant-man back in an official avenger movie which he has been hyped up since like 3 years ago. nothing against cm but yeah, just weird to have her introduced the same year as what seems like the last movie for the op avengers.

Yeah, definitely. I would much rather not have Captain Marvel either, especially if she's gonna play a big part in saving everyone, making everyone else look helpless in comparison. I have nothing against feminism, but such superficial and forced feminism for the sake of feminism not only hurts the story, it's also detrimental to the feminist movement too.

But putting aside the potential deus ex machina, I think it's too soon to tell, and even Black Panther didn't really play that huge of a role in Infinity War, despite his movie coming out just months before IW. I don't think Marvel's gonna f*** it up with this one, especially if we're gonna be saying goodbye to most of the characters here; Marvel would have taken that into account. It does feel weird to have her around a farewell party, but hopefully, her role would be small enough not to become a distraction.

Edited by LemiusK

I'm really excited for the Avengers movie to be honest. The only problem I had with the ending of the last movie was, even though many of the characters died, I knew they'd come back because Marvel has to make sequels for Spiderman, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Black Panther XD. But yeah, this trailer did seem morbid in a way and still sad because for right now so many people have died. Like you, I've got a bad feeling Captain America is going to go. I remember reading about it somewhere where they hinted at it =(. It's sad cause I love the actor and he's really good as Captain America. Still, I do hope Captain Marvel shows up in this. I know the movie is coming out next year. Also, I need my Spider Man back ;-;. Him dying was so sad I cried. But anyway, I'm really excited for the movie =). I really love them. 

Just now, aliciarune said:

Also, I need my Spider Man back ;-;. Him dying was so sad I cried.

I think the part that really broke me (and probably the millions of other people who also cried) was the "I don't want to go." lol It's like, we were already understanding the fact that people were dying at that moment, but that line, that single line just shook me to another level of shock. I remember sitting at the end credits being stunned for five minutes, not being able to believe what had just occurred. Big brass balls, Marvel had, to pull off such an ending. We know they would come back but, it's still a very risky move. It's not really easy to leave people with an effective cliffhanger because you'll have a lot to clean up in the follow-up.

3 minutes ago, aliciarune said:

Like you, I've got a bad feeling Captain America is going to go. I remember reading about it somewhere where they hinted at it =(. It's sad cause I love the actor and he's really good as Captain America.

I hope that if he does go away, I get to cry for him like I did for Spidey. :rubycry: Hope he gets to meet Peggy again for that one last dance.

Yes, yes, I agree on both things you said. I know I cried. Something about Tom Holland makes for a good spider man. He just seems so innocent yet courageous. And yeah, I guess we all knew they'd come back but the ending was still shocking for everyone. Heck, even Loki dying was shocking. I do feel like Thor may have suffered the most since this even took place right after Ragnorock. But I did love the last movie. And want to see this one. Also yes, may Captain America see Peggy again. She's a good match for him. It's always sad watching her series because she doesn't know that he's still alive ;-;. One thing I will say I may dislike about the new movie is just the title. For me, and I'm not sure why, but Endgame just doesn't sound as epic as the last movie's name XD. Maybe cause I've scene it before. But still, can't wait for it to come out =). 

23 minutes ago, aliciarune said:

One thing I will say I may dislike about the new movie is just the title. For me, and I'm not sure why, but Endgame just doesn't sound as epic as the last movie's name XD. Maybe cause I've scene it before.

I knew beforehand that a lot of things about this sequel would not match the level of epicness we had for Infinity War, because that movie really set the bar really, really high. It's just difficult to expect the follow-up to be as epic, especially with that ambitious ending IW had. So "Endgame" being a mediocre title wasn't really upsetting for me.

I did kinda wanted it to be "Avengers: Annihilation" though, with the Marvel villain, Annihilus showing up. It's the title people previously speculated it would be. It sounded like a cooler title too. But I guess it's good that he didn't appear, since having another villain thrown into the mix would probably screw up the plot. lol

And when you really think about it, having the title being "Endgame" and then having several characters die for real in this movie... it makes the title that much sadder... :rubycry:

Edited by LemiusK

3 minutes ago, LemiusK said:

I knew beforehand that a lot of things about this sequel would not match the level of epicness we had for Infinity War, because that movie really set the bar really, really high. It's just difficult to expect the follow-up to be as epic, especially with that ambitious ending IW had. So "Endgame" being a mediocre title wasn't really upsetting for me.

I did kinda wanted it to be "Avengers: Annihilation" though, with the Marvel villain, Annihilus showing up. It's the title people previously speculated it would be. It sounded like a cooler title too. But I guess it's good that he didn't appear, since having another villain thrown into the mix would probably screw up the plot. lol

And when you really think about it, having the title being "Endgame" and then having several characters die for real in this movie... it makes the title that much sadder... :rubycry:

Yeah, you make a good point. I can see what you mean. I am wondering what kind of plan they'll do for the movie. I was thinking time travel could be an option, but maybe that's too generic. And yeah, this movie won't be as epic, but I'm still excited to see it. It's fun seeing super heroes working together =D. Don't know why I like them so much XD. 

Don't forget to hit up the super cool webpage they set up for this movie. :SmallKappa:http://avengersendgame.com/

And yeah, I'm stoked for this movie too. The ending to the last Avengers movie was bold and unexpected, and I've been very curious to see where the movie will go from there.

While we're on the subject of character introduction, I'm frankly disappointed they haven't been able to include Quake in the Avengers yet. From what I understand, she's supposed to play a key role in the original comics, and she is super cool in Agents of Shield. Don't get me wrong, I understand there are numerous boundaries that keep her from appearing in the Avengers due to writing complications and licensing hurdles, but I still think she should have been in the Avengers.

4 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

While we're on the subject of character introduction, I'm frankly disappointed they haven't been able to include Quake in the Avengers yet. From what I understand, she's supposed to play a key role in the original comics, and she is super cool in Agents of Shield. Don't get me wrong, I understand there are numerous boundaries that keep her from appearing in the Avengers due to writing complications and licensing hurdles, but I still think she should have been in the Avengers.

I wanted Spidey to appear in Daredevil for a long time too. lol I hate the "boundaries" between the TV Marvel, the Netflix Marvel, and MCU Marvel. Spidey in a Daredevil show would be a perfect fit, since he's also an urban street-level hero like DD.

I haven't followed Agents of SHIELD for a long time but, I liked Chloe Bennet from that show. She's cute. :Chocola: Never got to follow the show 'till the point where she became Quake though. The writing for AoS wasn't the strongest... lol Got too bored, even with all the event tie-ins. They really need to cross over with the major players like Thor or Hulk. I know it's because they don't have the budget for it, but look at Netflix! Budget's no excuse!

1 minute ago, LemiusK said:

I haven't followed Agents of SHIELD for a long time but, I liked Chloe Bennet from that show. She's cute. :Chocola: Never got to follow the show 'till the point where she became Quake though. The writing for AoS wasn't the strongest... lol Got too bored, even with all the event tie-ins. They really need to cross over with the major players like Thor or Hulk. I know it's because they don't have the budget for it, but look at Netflix! Budget's no excuse!

AoS does have a build-up phase before things start to really kick off. I've never really had any issues watching the earlier episodes, but I'm aware that not many people take to the series until later on. I think it gets especially interesting around the time she becomes Quake, too.

Ooh, that's a pretty solid idea; I wouldn't mind a DD-Spidey crossover myself. It's a shame TV/movie producers are too stiff and don't know how to have fun. :/

6 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Ooh, that's a pretty solid idea; I wouldn't mind a DD-Spidey crossover myself. It's a shame TV/movie producers are too stiff and don't know how to have fun. :/

I think it has more to do with the copyright issues of Spidey and Sony. Sony is only lending Spidey to Marvel temporarily, so to get him over to Netflix is a whole other hurdle altogether. We don't even know if Spidey can make it to Avengers 5 or Spider-Man Homecoming 3 or not.

So yeah, it's more like Sony doesn't know how to have fun, or rather, Amy Pascal, the current Chairwoman of Sony Pictures, constantly pawing her money-grubbing paws over her precious golden goose. lol If Disney/Marvel ever buy the rights to Spidey back, they should make a villain based on her. :meguface:

3 hours ago, LemiusK said:

April 26th is actually not too long after Captain Marvel (March 8th), and it's kinda like how Infinity War's release date was that close to Black Panther's release too.

It's not just those two. They have a movie coming out monthly from April all the way through August, skipping only May.

EDIT: I see two of those are actually Fox's X-Men universe, but that still means 3 MCU movies in 5 months.

Edited by tahu157

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

All right, I couldn't wait this time. Watched Avengers Endgame on opening night. The theater was cramped as all hell (in the outer area, not the screen room), but it was worth it! Although I think I'll pass on the popcorn next time it's packed like that, lol. The line for IMAX was massive. o.o Kinda made me glad I decided to go for standard 3D this time around (the IMAX tickets were sold out anyways).

AE delivered on all the hype it's been generating. The ending turned out better than I thought it ever would, and the final fight was nothing short of spectacular. Kinda hard to go into detail without spoiling it, so I'll just post the rest in a spoiler.

Seeing Spider-man come back gave me a sweet sense of relief. I was emotionally devastated when he got killed off in Infinity War. He was, and always will be, my favorite superhero, so I think I was at least as happy as Stark to see him back in action. I knew Marvel wouldn't let me down!

Speaking of Stark, I was deeply saddened to see him go in the end. He was always such a joy to watch on screen, and I will miss all his crazy billionaire antics, lol. Still, the way he went out was nothing short of amazing. He committed the ultimate act of heroism, and saved the entire galaxy from utter extinction. And when I found out about RDJ's contract ending with Marvel, I thought it was more than appropriate for them to send him off as gloriously as they had.

And on the whole, I'd say the story ended on a good note, if a little bittersweet. But what strikes me most about Endgame is that the writers managed to pull off a good solution through time travel without making everything seem like an asspull. They established a lot of convincing rules and limitations with time travel for this particular setting, and they stuck to them till the end. Certain details were foreshadowed in previous movies too, making it all the more convincing. Major props to the writing staff for their sharp attention to detail.

Just watched it together with Infinity War in a night "marathon". It was very good, although I think IW was more consistent in quality and impactful. Still, it’s just so awesome seeing all those movies coming together in this. And Thanos is an awesome villain. :]

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

I went on train to the cinema at night around 7pm to 10 pm with heavy rain. I tried the 6D cinema out of curiosity. It includes 3d glass, Dolby atmos, vibrating chair, wind and mist. But for special effect, reality is often disappointing. The only thing it act like a massaging chair which prevent leg cramp and it's wider. I'm aware there is no post-credit scene except metalwork sound as reference to Iron Man 1. I stay there until the credit end anyway. I find "don't spoil endgame" meme actually encourage people to post spoilers. I hope for VN about Thanos as MC.

Spoiler

I love how much Nebula grown after all her experience. The 2014's Thanos might seem like a typical villain but 2014 Thanos doesn't have the same experience as the infinity war. I heard complains of characters lacking screen time. If this is live-action series, characters might have more development but less special effects. Sadden with Stan Lee's last cameo and Tony Stark's death but glad for Steve Roger following Stark's suggestion at the end. Sense of humor was good as usual. I prefer how they treat time-travel here by using items of the alternate timeline to change present prime timeline instead of killing baby Thanos.

Edited by ztrepzilius

On 4/26/2019 at 10:12 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

Just watched it together with Infinity War in a night "marathon". It was very good, although I think IW was more consistent in quality and impactful. Still, it’s just so awesome seeing all those movies coming together in this. And Thanos is an awesome villain. :]

That, I think, is an understatement. I'm impressed with his raw power alone; the guy can take the full fury of the Avengers with relative ease. Holy yikes, he could even take on the two crazy strong powerhouses of the Avengers, Thor and Hulk. I do also admire his conviction and can understand the motivations that drive him (even if I can't get behind them). So yeah, he is an excellent antagonist overall, and I have nothing but praise for the writers.

5 hours ago, ztrepzilius said:

I find "don't spoil endgame" meme actually encourage people to post spoilers.

Oof, I came so close to spoiling the ending to a couple people.

It's when they decide to bring up Ironman and how much they love RDJ's portrayal of the character. It takes all of my willpower not to ruin the ending for them.

Edited by Kenshin_sama