Eiyuu*Senki Gold Translation Project

AlphonseClauze

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i think it's funny ppl exspect Jast to translate this any time soon. they got a dozen games they plan to translate a few of them more than 5 yrs and still not out this is just another game will be 5-10 yrs before it's translated by them. Jast is a joke at best and yes. they will get upset over other's cutting into there proffit. but fact is you wont see this till 2025-2030 in the west. they cant even translate Alpharide lol. and it's been out closer to 10 yrs now. and one of the best strag. rpg's out there. sadly it's also unity so a bish to work on fan translation for it.

46 minutes ago, drtreaven said:

i think it's funny ppl exspect Jast to translate this any time soon. they got a dozen games they plan to translate a few of them more than 5 yrs and still not out this is just another game will be 5-10 yrs before it's translated by them. Jast is a joke at best and yes. they will get upset over other's cutting into there proffit. but fact is you wont see this till 2025-2030 in the west. they cant even translate Alpharide lol. and it's been out closer to 10 yrs now. and one of the best strag. rpg's out there. sadly it's also unity so a bish to work on fan translation for it.

Jast taking ages to translate this is a different point altogether... The main issue here is him continuing to FanTL a title that has already been licenced by a Western Publisher..which basically puts him and his TL at risk of getting copyright striked..

On 14/01/2020 at 10:52 AM, Wildbreed said:

Jast taking ages to translate this is a different point altogether... The main issue here is him continuing to FanTL a title that has already been licenced by a Western Publisher..which basically puts him and his TL at risk of getting copyright striked..

No problem. Work on it in silence or anonymously and release it when its done.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Just a tiny bit of post mortem for this topic. I'm curious about the quality, but it seems like one time in history Jast decided not to grab a license and sit on it for a decade, but to actually get stuff done.

*tweet*

You're right. Less than two years is beyond record time!
Interested to see if something's going on here or if we're just lucky.

Actually, I believe the translator was the very same Bango that did Newton and the Apple Tree, so perhaps his work was swift, along with the rest of the process. And I vouch for Newton's quality being perfectly fine for its purposes.

And so, this will take as long (or less?) than an instalment of Flowers. Gosh, I hope each instalment of that is sizeable on its own, or I'd feel terrible for the people waiting two years for each crumb.

5 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

And so, this will take as long (or less?) than an instalment of Flowers. Gosh, I hope each instalment of that is sizeable on its own, or I'd feel terrible for the people waiting two years for each crumb.

Oh, not sizeable enough to justify the wait, that's for sure. But the obscene wait for Flowers usually came down to Innocent Gray's engine being deeply opposed to hosting English versions of the games, rather than the translation work or plain negligence. At least from what I've heard.

And I'd say the two years for ES Gold is somewhat reasonable not only by JAST standards... It's a large game both in text and gameplay. If it's both stable and doesn't read like crap (and considering what you said and the fact they seemingly did fine with the first game, we can be mildly optimistic here), I wouldn't hold it against any company for taking this long. Plus I'm just happy it didn't get stuck in limbo like we all expected it to. 😛