Eiyuu*Senki Gold Translation Project

AlphonseClauze

Hello, sorry for the long delay.

My adoptive father died a week ago, and I need to fly across the globe to attend his funeral.

I'm back translating the game, so don't worry.

I never stop before my work is done.

The last update is the Southeast Asia chapter where we got Cook and Magellan.

Edited by AlphonseClauze

2 hours ago, leofiniarel said:

There is Eyuu Senki the non gold version, and Koihime Musou. They are both good strategy games with a lot of hentai scenes

tks so much. Do u know any grps or topics about games with hentai scenes.

11 minutes ago, trifonidis said:

appreciate your work man,but eiyu senki gold will get an official english translation from just usa!it was confirmed recently!!!

He might still finish his fan translation like 5 years before JAST finishes theirs if he keeps going, but generally yeah, RIP this project. Hopefully, JAST doesn't keep the project in limbo for decades like they often end up doing. :>

On 7/4/2019 at 2:57 PM, leofiniarel said:

There is Eyuu Senki the non gold version, and Koihime Musou. They are both good strategy games with a lot of hentai scenes

Does koihime has an english ver ?? i try a lot but haven't seen the eng ver anywhere

10 hours ago, Mannaroh said:

Nah man probably because they did the tl for the base game and now want that sweet sweet retrain cash-money.

Eiyuu*Senki GOLD is a different game from Eiyuu Senki. When they announced the latter, everyone kept asking them for the former (because it has better game mechanics), so that's probably why they announced it. The story's completely different (and apparently better in the one they released), so the work they'll have to do is far more than last time (where some other company had already done the all-ages translation).

35 minutes ago, Plz said:

Does koihime has an english ver ?? i try a lot but haven't seen the eng ver anywhere

Yes. Koihime Musou. Search for it on Mangagamer.

• 1 month later...

A new one is up, this is the Britannia chapter...

I'm sorry if this takes too long to wait, since my father died, I inherited his farm.

Now I only got 8 hours to do the translation, since I need to spend the rest of my 12 hours working on the farm.

I add a new file into the archive.

Please read the first post for more information...

Edited by AlphonseClauze

my condolences... 

BTW this is already getting an official translation  from Jast USA.. So you might have difficulties  going forward with it... In the end it's your decision.. But you might get into legal trouble.... So if your planning to go ahead I would suggest going about it silently.. Or drop it altogether.... BOL

I know, I just want to share until that English version from JAST USA is available.

I have my own reason to actually translate this game on my own, to put it short, I use this translation project to learn more about Japanese language.

As for the next update, I'll wait for some responses first, if at least 10 users want me to go on until the JAST USA version is up, I'll update it.

I'm too busy to regularly check up on the forum, but I'll try to check it as often as I can...

Edited by AlphonseClauze

Well, Jast USA is going to take a very dim view of you ruining their investment like that.  (Because that's exactly what they'll think of it.)  The title is licensed, so it's off limits.  "10 users" on this forum can't give you Jast USA's blessing to continue (because they're not Jast USA).

Jast USA cannot simply ignore someone continuing to fan TL a game they're working on, after they've publicly announced they're doing it. If you don't stop, first, you're being very inconsiderate to them.  And second, you put them in a situation where they have no choice but to formally DMCA the project.  And given the number of people associated with localization companies (like the official Frontwing account) that post here, you should assume they're going to find out about it.

If you're trying to learn Japanese, then it doesn't need to be this game, specifically, does it?  The game someone else paid the original creator to get dibs on?  Just do yourself a favor and find a different game.  There is no shortage of good games that aren't licensed.

Edited by Nandemonai

10 hours ago, AlphonseClauze said:

As for the next update, I'll wait for some responses first, if at least 10 users want me to go on until the JAST USA version is up, I'll update it.

I think your heart is in the right place, but I'm with @Nandemonai on this. If you go for long enough, JAST will pretty much have no choice but to react to defend their interests. And this is the kind of conflict that the fan translation community and even this site were pretty effectively avoiding for many years. You'd be unlikely to get in serious trouble over it, but ultimately, it would be best for everyone involved to let this project go. I know it's never a nice thing to do, but as Nandemonai also mentioned, there's a lot of interesting VNs you could train your Japanese with. Including dozens upon dozens of interesting, freeware doujins that no one will ever fault you for translating. :)

1 hour ago, Nandemonai said:

Well, Jast USA is going to take a very dim view of you ruining their investment like that.  (Because that's exactly what they'll think of it.)  The title is licensed, so it's off limits.  "10 users" on this forum can't give you Jast USA's blessing to continue (because they're not Jast USA).

Jast USA cannot simply ignore someone continuing to fan TL a game they're working on, after they've publicly announced they're doing it. If you don't stop, first, you're being very inconsiderate to them.  And second, you put them in a situation where they have no choice but to formally DMCA the project.  And given the number of people associated with localization companies (like the official Frontwing account) that post here, you should assume they're going to find out about it.

If you're trying to learn Japanese, then it doesn't need to be this game, specifically, does it?  The game someone else paid the original creator to get dibs on?  Just do yourself a favor and find a different game.  There is no shortage of good games that aren't licensed.

hasn´t to be this game. like others mentioned it´s already licensed and you´d have to do it whilst staying under the radar + it might come out not that much longer after your release (ideally speaking). why not instead try your hands at ninetails older titles, almost each and every of them is an actual gem, with little to no chances of getting picked up officially.

6 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Or make a project without being an attentionwhore and just release it when it's done. Could not be easier.

You know, Stormwolf, I'm always amazed by you uniquely friendly manner of expressing things. Whatever you're trying to say, you always manage to make it sound so positive and nice. :sachi: