Eiyuu*Senki Gold Translation Project

AlphonseClauze

• 1 month later...

hongfire/vndb user surferdude who translate the h-scene of both version of eiyuu senki tries the patch and he says thats its bad. 

So I downloaded the Script.dat (link) from the other group, with the translation so far, and... I am pretty disappointed.

Missing punctuation, bad grammar, awkward English, sentences that make no sense, things that were translated as the exact opposite of what they actually mean, wasting time by translating things that are commented out in the script, you name it, it's got it. Whoever did the translation doesn't seem to have a good enough understanding of English or Japanese. I've seen worse, though, and in official releases, too.

Maybe my standards are too high or something, but I would not play an entire game as big as ES GOLD with a translation like this, it would just ruin it for me. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree, though, and would settle for anything resembling English.

Here's the same script, as translated by the other group (link), and as partially translated by me, before any TL checking, editing, or testing (link).
Which would you say is better? Should I retire?

EDIT:
The other group can't access HongFire (big surprise there), and they don't seem to have my patch. Can somebody link them to the VNDB release page link ? It has working links to everything.

Also, another 50 script pages translated. 100 left until next patch.

i didnt try the translation and im not good enough to judge it.
https://vndb.org/t9801/2

Edited by wyldstrykr

Wow that took longer than I expected, I know what surferdude means, since English isn't my primary language and I haven't checked it inside the game.

I know that my translation isn't that good, but I just want to help the community.

If anyone wished to improve the translation, just ask and I'll send the data or upload it somewhere.

EDIT

So...

Is surferdude translating the story as well?

If yes I will stop the translation and work on something else, since surferdude definitely doesn't need my help as he stated that:

So I downloaded the Script.dat (link) from the other group, with the translation so far, and... I am pretty disappointed.

Missing punctuation, bad grammar, awkward English, sentences that make no sense, things that were translated as the exact opposite of what they actually mean, wasting time by translating things that are commented out in the script, you name it, it's got it. Whoever did the translation doesn't seem to have a good enough understanding of English or Japanese. I've seen worse, though, and in official releases, too.

Maybe my standards are too high or something, but I would not play an entire game as big as ES GOLD with a translation like this, it would just ruin it for me. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree, though, and would settle for anything resembling English.

P.S.

I'm moving to another country (again) so expect a late respond.

Edited by AlphonseClauze

he is only translating the h-scene's not the actual story. but less you get someone understand japanese your waisting time sadly no machine translation is ever gonna be correct and most will be totally wrong basicly if you take 9 translator's and a machine translator you'll have 10 dif translations some will be similer other will be totally dif. takes a knowledge of that lang to actually translate it. even vnr is not that good less there's ppl have added there own.

Well, I'm still translating the story content.

I'm not going to let bad comments about what I've translated to stop me, that makes me want to improve myself.

But since I'm alone translating the story content, I'm asking the community to help with the translation for:

1. Missing punctuation

2. Bad grammar

3. Awkward English (Well sometimes that's what I got from the translation it self and I need to improve it until I got to see it in-game)

4. Sentences that make no sense (Well sometimes that's what I got from the translation it self and I need to improve it until I got to see it in-game)

I'm currently translating the Aztec & Inca chapter, when I'm done I'll try to proofread it first hand and improve it before asking others to look into it.

As for the first H-Scene, please bear with me about it.

I've downloaded surferdude's H-scene translation, I just didn't use it.

Edited by AlphonseClauze

tell me what your using to extract the script.dat and i'll work on some stuff. i have a decent knowledge of japanese from yrs of playing the games.  and should least use his for a comparison as there basicly perfect h-scene wise. and dont that what i said as criticizi. it's just that i've  had alot of dealing with translator's and  bot type translation and most times there never right. about 1/10 they will get semi close

no worries i alrdy intergrated his 50 not touching the 80 till i fully test it but if 80 is fixed now then just 10 more h left and he's done.

also i never mix other's into mine till i've looked it over and tested it and checked it out. ell i even had to open jast's patch and fix it lol. ppl did'nt notice but jast's patch has some bad translations as well where  things are added that dont need to be like a (the) where it's not needed or it instead of i.

ok not sure what i screwed up but i'll let you look over the translations at least. there good just the script's erroring.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/owkepx42abk9c5x/00_%E3%82%B8%E3%83%91%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E7%B7%A8_00%E3%82%B8%E3%83%91%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0_001_%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B0.rar/file

the translations might help and i'll do more later this is just 01-03 for you to glace throu.

Edited by drtreaven

Hiya! Saw this post and was intrigued to the point that I made an account to reply. I went ahead and improved the english on your translations and even translated a little extra but I don't think I translated the extras well since I don't have any understanding of japanese and used google translate haha, so I'll depend on your translations and improve the english. take a look txt files: Script txt files

Edit: forgot to mention that I included surferdude's translations

Edited by Seregris

On 4/26/2019 at 3:16 PM, drtreaven said:

no worries i alrdy intergrated his 50 not touching the 80 till i fully test it but if 80 is fixed now then just 10 more h left and he's done.

also i never mix other's into mine till i've looked it over and tested it and checked it out. ell i even had to open jast's patch and fix it lol. ppl did'nt notice but jast's patch has some bad translations as well where  things are added that dont need to be like a (the) where it's not needed or it instead of i.

ok not sure what i screwed up but i'll let you look over the translations at least. there good just the script's erroring.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/owkepx42abk9c5x/00_%E3%82%B8%E3%83%91%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E7%B7%A8_00%E3%82%B8%E3%83%91%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0_001_%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B0.rar/file

the translations might help and i'll do more later this is just 01-03 for you to glace throu.

The problem you have there is the way you typed the punctuations it won't accept an ordinary "." or "," you'll have to either use "&." or "&," which lets the game know that you're trying to put an ordinary dot or comma or you can also use special characters that look like a period or comma. That's what I've observed. 

@Seregris ah ok never translated much in these kinda game code's i'll try that out and see if it works out and ya im sure mine are prob not  perfect eather or even off on  some. but ty for explaining on the & knew i was missing something might help on my 2nd project to it's a game been out since 2015 and there's not even a single translation work lol.

@NanoniAre you gonna help in translating or are you gonna help in improving the English? 

edit: just editing 'cause about to sleep, if you are gonna help in translating, the link I provided above should suffice. But, if you're to improve the English, well that's gonna be awkward since I'm improving the English as well but eh maybe you'll do a better job than me.

Edited by Seregris
about to sleep lel

Then i'll help with the translation, I can not read japanese well nor write it but I do understand most (voice) of it, because of mother side being a half japanese.

I got a whole month of free time to my work so thinking i'll help translating this nice game.

1 hour ago, AlphonseClauze said:

Since this grows into a bigger community, I will share my translated scripts on the first post.

Please feel free to look and improve it as much as you like it.

I'm currently having a fever, so the work is at a stop for the moment...

Thank you for the latest work I redid it and I feel I did an adequate job just feel free to have a break I have too much free time on my hands hahaha

If anyone wants to check how I did here's the link

honestly good as your translations are im surprised you dont take a  version 80 from the h-patch and just translate the other dialog's my translations was ok your's are better lol.

but be warned keep the translation off any major translation site's they alrdy got after some for translating it.

Edited by drtreaven
less post.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I guess this project is dead. School is back for me so I don't have any more free time. Won't be coming back to this forum as well since I literally just created this account to help with this project but seeing that I don't have any free time and am not willing to commit or promise anything, Good bye. Well good luck with your "fever" AlphonseClauzejust joking btw not hating on ya but yeah good luck on everyone's future endeavors.