Eiyuu*Senki Gold Translation Project

AlphonseClauze

2019-08-07 19:21:06

A little update on the files, please make sure you put the AUGEvent folder into your game folder (Don't worry I use another .dat file for the extra).

I need to cut 2 dialogs into 2 parts, one Ashoka from the 01_USA編_04ブリタニアとインド_010_デリーに進軍,

and the other one is Balin from 01_USA編_04ブリタニアとインド_012_ブリタニアとインドが仲間に.

They are way too long when translated, and the message box isn't big enough to fit it all in one dialog...

If anyone think it's not good or bad about it, please let me know and I'll change it in the next update...

Translated Scripts

Edited by AlphonseClauze
Update 2019-08-07

7 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

like tahu said, most likely will get a cease and desist since this has an official english release. i would love for this to be released since i wanna read the gold version but :( 

I've never played the series, but isn't Eiyuu*Senki Gold different than Eiyuu*Senki? According to VNDB, Gold doesn't have an official English release, and it doesn't look like any of the localization companies have laid claim to it.

Even with a C&D letter they can't stop you from translating it for yourself. They probably don't care either. They just don't want you to hurt sales of their localization by offering an alternative for other people.

If you want to release a patch for something that is likely already licensed like this the best bet is to do to everything privately and recruit people through non-public channels. Meaning, don't announce the fact that you're working on a patch. Then once it's done just drop the patch out of nowhere. That way you can at least get the patch out there for a little bit before the C&D hits.

12 minutes ago, Incynerate said:

I've never played the series, but isn't Eiyuu*Senki Gold different than Eiyuu*Senki? According to VNDB, Gold doesn't have an official English release, and it doesn't look like any of the localization companies have laid claim to it.

Sure they're different games and ES Gold doesn't have anything announced yet, but the localization of the original game came out just last year so I think it's too soon to assume that Fruitbat Factory doesn't intend to localize ES Gold. Assuming the original was successful I find it highly probable that Fruitbat Factory are working on Localizing ES Gold already, even if they haven't announced it yet.

Edited by tahu157

Nope, the Gold started as the Protagonist washed ashore and founded by Masamune Date.

I'm done with the first script and look at the game personally, and yes it's different from the original Eiyuu Senki.

According to someone from another forum they say we are forced to conquer North America or something like that, so yeah this is different than the original Eiyuu Senki.

Edited by AlphonseClauze

As for GOLD here, there's another one that was worked by Surferdude of VNDB at Hongfire, although currently I wouldn't know of how much the progress that he had though. About the difference, other than story progression and different final boss we also have Tenco did buffome characters such as Sun Tzu, so I would say that it's still worth to get even if you already finished the original. As for my suggestion, you can combined it with available interface and H patch if you wish to shorten time, but in the end I'll leave the decision to you. Lastly good luck on the project, and hope that you'll see it through the end.

Right, Hongfire...

I tried to register there twice and to no success... (Never got the verification email, maybe due to they are upgrading the forum.)

I think they got another some sort of Mod? That allows you to see the "Destroyed" clothing of the characters in the CG.

As for anyone wanted to help, should I post the file here or send them a private message with attached files? I'm actually quite new in forums like this... I usually uses my connections for everything and just receive the documents need to be translated.

Edited by AlphonseClauze

Ah yes, the H-Scene translation project. I've got that as well, haven't tried it on the game yet...

Well it could serve a good reference for the translation project.

Can anyone actually contact Surferdude from Hongfire about this? I'd like to get a little more information about his future plans for his own "Eiyuu Senki Gold translation project".

If possible I'd like to help him with the story content, and work together on the project, since his the first to start the translation project.

• 1 month later...

Good to see this.

Anyways i talked to Surferdude and he says he has retaken translating the rest of the H-scenes so you can focus on the rest of the story/event script. To know what he is translating just go to the event gallery to see what he is working on (Since the patch doesnt translates the whole event, just what the event replay shows).

Good luck with the project.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently this is what I already translated

Prologue
Me and little brother.
Listen to the situation
Let the beasts return.
Infinite Corridor fifty-heavy Pagoda
Where Are we going to March?
Let's march into Edo.
Let's march into Kyoto.
Marching to Edo
Marching to Kyoto
Next is the wicked horse stand.
Advance to Yamatai
Important story
I think about it.
Making a decision
Perry's coming to Sendai.
Columbus and first meeting

Since I got help from Easysurfing it will speed up the translation project.

• 2 weeks later...

I can give you the Script.dat that contains all my works (When you defeat Billy with Russian Soldiers event), but this will replace the H-Scene translation since I don't have the H-Scene translation made by Surferdude in Hongfire (Somehow I can't open the website even with VPN)

Or do you want the text file instead?

Anyway Here you go:

Script.Dat

Please back up your current Script.Dat, I can provide the original if anyone want it.

Around 7 hours ago my Windows just went out of order, the documents are fine but I lost most of my programs and I'm currently re-downloading all the digital downloaded programs.

Edited by AlphonseClauze